Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 04 vlx pull to the right....

ports103

Depends on your definition of "hard" but yes, it is normal for them to pull to the right.

Why does your profile say "04 VTX" if you have a VLX and the VTX didn't come out until 2007? 'T' and 'L' are not near eachother on the keyboard so it can't be a fat fingering issue.

• Like 2

Thanks for pointing out my mistake and I have made the correction. Just new to it all. So it is normal...and by hard I mean it would make a turn.. Is there any way to adjust. Taking it out on the water today. Thanks for your advise.

Yes, it pulls enough to make a turn. The owners manual states:

"It is normal for your Malibu steering to pull slightly to the right

under normal driving conditions. The boat will pull straight

while skier is under tow."

Yes, it pulls enough to make a turn. The owners manual states:

"It is normal for your Malibu steering to pull slightly to the right

under normal driving conditions. The boat will pull straight

while skier is under tow."

Just why will it pull straight with a skier behind it??....it makes no diff whether there is a skier undertow or not...The boat will pull to the right, (unless the rudder has been shaved and or adjusted_, due to the prop rotating in a LH rotation.

When I'm pulling a rider my boat drives a straight as an arrow. When I'm not the boat pulls to the right just like the manual says.

For the original post the steering is tuned that way intentionally so the boats drive straight while pulling someone. If the steering where tuned neutral the boat would wander.

• Like 2

When I'm pulling a rider my boat drives a straight as an arrow. When I'm not the boat pulls to the right just like the manual says.

For the original post the steering is tuned that way intentionally so the boats drive straight while pulling someone. If the steering where tuned neutral the boat would wander.

Just as I said: the boat will pull/drive straight if the rudder has been shaved or on the newer rudder has been adjusted.. You must not be a course skier, cause you want the steering wheel "loaded" as you pull a skier thru the course...if no load the boat will wander...which is bad for the skier.

And being 6-4 and about 220+, when I am pulling behind the boat at any of the shorter line lenghts say 35' off, the boat will want to go in my direction/follow me casue I am applying about 1000-1500 ppounds of resistaance to the boat..just as with the laws of conservation, the boat will want to follow the path of least resistance

Also that is why when you have a boat with twin screws, one engine will be LH and the other will be RH rotation...to offest each other prop's rotation forces (torque). Same principle, different applicaiton when dealing with helicoptors...it would never fly w/o a tail.

Edited by jkendallmsce

I'm not sure why your arguing with me on this.... We are saying exactly the same thing

:)

Just as I said: the boat will pull/drive straight if the rudder has been shaved or on the newer rudder has been adjusted.. You must not be a course skier, cause you want the steering wheel "loaded" as you pull a skier thru the course...if no load the boat will wander...which is bad for the skier.

And being 6-4 and about 220+, when I am pulling behind the boat at any of the shorter line lenghts say 35' off, the boat will want to go in my direction/follow me casue I am applying about 1000-1500 ppounds of resistaance to the boat..just as with the laws of conservation, the boat will want to follow the path of least resistance

Also that is why when you have a boat with twin screws, oneU engine will be LH and the other will be RH rotation...to offest each other prop's rotation forces (torque). Same principle, different applicaiton when dealing with helicoptors...it would never fly w/o a tail.

• Like 1