Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

XTI Propeller Upgrade Question

EchelonMike

All:

I have a 2002 23 XTI with the Hammerhead engine (direct drive drivetrain). The boat runs awesome, but I would like a bit more holeshot. The boat has the factory 3 blade propeller and on perfect pass @ WOT I can hit about 48.5 MPH today. I will give up a bit of top end for more low end grunt.

Any 23 XTI owners out there running a 3 or 4 blade ACME that gives better launch, but still 44-45 MPH top end? If so what are the specs/model number?

I drove my friends Pro Tournament MC 197 this past weekend with a 4 blade prop. I know it is smaller/lighter than my boat, but it hit 42-43 top end and it accelerated like a madman!

Thanks!

-- Mike

I run the ACME 12 x 12 (515?) and am happy with it. I'm only at 750 ft though. I have as much holeshot has my noodly arms can handle and I top out at about 44. I tried the 12 x 11.5 and didn't notice a difference. I have the Monsoon 340.

Don't try and compare these 23 xti's to a Prostar 197! It's the difference between a 911 and a Cayenne!

Edited by Molarbu

I'm running an 3-blade OJ 13 x 11- Cup: Cup 0.80, I can run about 42-44 depending on how much weight is in boat, I hit a log late last year and had to go back to my stock prop, with full stock ballast, wedge and 11 bigger guys in the boat I couldn't get on plane, I was freaking out like what is wrong with my boat so I got the OJ fixed and it makes a huge difference now i can load the boat fully and still wakeboard, I have the monsoon engine.

Hope that helps

Edited by McMiller