Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil for 340 Monsoon ?

wpgskier

first oil change in my new-to-me 2007 RLXi with the 340 Monsoon.

Spec from manual is 15W40, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Dealer says he uses 25W40 mercruiser oil, but Malibu is a sideline for them so I'm skeptical.

Suggestions ?

My Dealer has been running 20w50 oil for as long as I can remember. I think they use a more viscous oil weight in order to combat the extreme heat we have down here in the summer

I run Valvoline VR-1 Race Oil 20w50 and can usually find it for 5 dollars a quart. Also run a Napa Gold Filter.

Our yearly thread ..

Vavoline premium blue 15w40 diesel for me. Someone posted that blind study from a couple years ago and it came out to be the best oil judging by anti wear and water stabilizing chemicals.

Edited by Indyxc

I "was" running Mobil 1 5w-40 diesel oil, but it was too thin and the motor ate it up pretty quickly. I am now running Mobil 1 15w-50 and really like it. Good oil pressures and good cold flow characteristics. I run synthetic because I run the boat in cold temps and have to winterize it 5-6 times a season. When ever the air temps are good, we put the dry suits on and hit the water.