Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

98 sunsetter lx

curtisco24

Is that 65 hours on the original 310 or the replacement.

65 hours, she's just barely broken in! I'd be leary of that as I'd require an explanation of what and were the boat was for the 8 seasons, 9 if she was bought in 97. There's a lot of required maintenance from 1998 thru now, regardless of use that you want to be sure was NOT neglected since it wasn't being used.

For the prices, I'd check the usual, iboats.com, boattraderonline, nadaguides.com. I'd be more likely to move the price down for the suspect hours that move it up as in "hardly used" as these boats are meant to be used, not sitting.

Supposedly this boat has sat for the last 2 seasons, and has not been cranked at all. I am a little leary of that, but on the other hand, it could mean little wear and tear on the boat. The owner says it was a dealer's personal boat until 2001. When he bought it, it had 3 hours on it. It now has like 65 hours on it. I have not seen the boat yet, I am supposed to look at it Friday. Supposing it is in good shape, would anyone be afraid to buy it because it has sat? Also, what kind of wake am I looking at as compared to a direct drive wakesetter? Thanks in advance.

I won't know if it was put away properly until I see tommorrow. The boat has the carb, and he wants 19k for it. I thought it was on the high end as far pricing goes. You guys think it would be pretty problem free if it has been taken care of, or am I constantly going to be fixing stuff?

Don't know about the Wakesetter wake but the SLX wake is second only to the RLXi for skiing. Wakesetter will have a better wake for boarding.

The SLX and the waksetter are on the same hull, except 02' where they put it on the diamond hull.

At the minimum I'd have the engine inspected by a marine mechanic. The seals on engines tend to dryout if it's not run once in a while.

I bought a '99 DD wakesetter in '03 with 63 hours on it for only $1000 more than that. I would think you could get a better deal.

M2C

Daniel

Don't know about the Wakesetter wake but the SLX wake is second only to the RLXi for skiing. Wakesetter will have a better wake for boarding.

The SLX and the waksetter are on the same hull, except 02' where they put it on the diamond hull.

At the minimum I'd have the engine inspected by a marine mechanic. The seals on engines tend to dryout if it's not run once in a while.

My bad.

My bad.

Sold the I-Ride. Thinking about buying used, instead of ordering new. However, if I can't find used I guess I'll order new.

What was wrong with the I-ride?

I sold my 96 LX last year for $21.5k and I had 225 hours on it. It had the EFI Monsoon, tower, racks, good sound system and was in very good shape.

Need to know a little more about the accessories to know if $19k is a good price or not. I would get the motor checked out by your mechanic and if it comes back with a good report, start negotiating!

Its got a wedge, basic stereo, and a tandem trailer thats about it. I'm just looking for a quality ride with a small payment. My wife on the other hand, wants the new boat with a large payment, so I may be pissin in the wind even looking at this sunsetter. lol

Its got a wedge, basic stereo, and a tandem trailer thats about it. I'm just looking for a quality ride with a small payment. My wife on the other hand, wants the new boat with a large payment, so I may be pissin in the wind even looking at this sunsetter. lol

Ah, gotta go w/ the wife on this one, hey it's fun to spend others $$$$. Listen to the wife for once Biggrin.gif

The i-ride was an awesome boat. I just didn't like paying for it. I thought I could find a good used boat but I haven't had any luck. This sunsetter seems like a decent boat. If it doesn't work out I will probably suck it up and order new tommorrow, because I am tired of looking.

The i-ride was an awesome boat. I just didn't like paying for it. I thought I could find a good used boat but I haven't had any luck. This sunsetter seems like a decent boat. If it doesn't work out I will probably suck it up and order new tommorrow, because I am tired of looking.

You might want to PM Edwin on this board about his SLXi.

You might want to PM Edwin on this board about his SLXi.

Good call. Here is the link. The SLXI is better for slalom than the SLX is while the SLX is better for wakeboarding.

Thanks for the link. I am looking more for a wakeboarding hull. The Sunsetter I looked at this past weekend didn't really do anything for me.