Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help 2012 23LSV no start

We were out on the lake following a surf ride, I shut the engine off the get the rider in and the motor wouldnt turn over. we had to get pulled in by a PWC!!! I tried the manual key overide as well as the MTC and nothing. I can hear a low clicking sound coming from the relay box beside the starter.

Here is what i've tried so far:

Voltage reads 12.0 ( Tried putting a booster pack )

Tried replacing the starter relay

Checked the 20a fuses beside the starter relay

Tried to reset the small 40 amp breaker in the relay box

All electronics work well MTC, Maliview....

Dealer is about 3.5 hours away.

Anybody had this problem?

If all of the electronics are working and it looks like you discounted all of the usual suspects, I'd say it was probably the starter or solenoid. Had the same issue earlier this year and it turned out to be a bad starter and an even worse off solenoid. If the starter/solenoid got wet, it is normall a matter of when and not if it will go south. Mine would occasionally work fine when cool, but when it got heat soaked it might or wouldn't until it cooled again getting progressively worse. Good luck, Bill.

Amorin.... 12.0V on the dash voltmeter is bad. Real bad, but I'd still expect to hear the starter trying to turn over or something....

have you put a voltmemeter directly to the battery posts?

one other thing to check.... left me stranded to be pulled in by a mastercraft. You have a starter relay fuse-small like 5-20A or so---- under your dash in one of the 2 fuse boxes.... push up HARD on that fuse while someone tries to start the motor.

My fuse was loose in its socket,,, even though it was firmly in there. Dealer had to readjust the fuse socket for better contact. no issues since with that.

Thanks for all the replies!! I actually just found the problem, the yellow and red wire that sends the signal to crank had broken off from under the rubber booth. Must of been a bad connector or bad wire. We just replaced it and she fired right up :)

Thanks for all your help,

Alex