Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
mnhays

So many thru hull vents

mnhays

Why do newer Malibus have so many of the thru hull SS vents/drains on the boats, they've got sets of 4 by the driver on the side and everything, are they individually draining every single tank to one?

Ndawg12

1 drain and 1 vent per tank.

mnhays

oh that's why, they're venting and draining them separately? actually that confuses me a little.

jk13

Drain is a fitting at the bottom of the tank to pump water out.

Vent is a fitting at the top of the tank to let air move in and out freely so you don't expand or collapse the tank. Also, it pees water when the tank is full. :)

mnhays

Drain is a fitting at the bottom of the tank to pump water out.

Vent is a fitting at the top of the tank to let air move in and out freely so you don't expand or collapse the tank. Also, it pees water when the tank is full. :)

I understand this, that is how I have my jabscos setup for my 750s in the back, but why are all of the thru hulls next to each other and on one side, so they plumb it all to one place to make it look cleaner?

jk13

Ah, I was confused that you were confused by that.

Maybe so the driver can easily monitor visually if the tanks are full or empty to prevent running pumps dry or running them too long? Best common sense guess. :dontknow:

TallRedRider

I added another for my front bilge pump.

I like them through hulls...wish I could decorate all along the rubrail with 'em!

t a

those 4 by the driver are the drain and vent for the bow tank and mid tank...there should also be a drain and vent thru hull on each side on the rear of the boat as well as a bilge thru hull...thats 9 holes total on the side of my boat lol. When I first bought it I had no idea why there were so many either

Nitrousbird

1/2 of those thru-hulls are unnecessary; the drain and vent can be shared, and the parts cost isn't much more:

Center-tank-aerator_system_t800.jpg