Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakepark coming to Roseville, CA?

Fman

I've been hearing about it for awhile now and knew it was in Placer County for review. Not sure until it's built it'll really happen or not. If I would have had the $$ those lakes would have been mine.... :cry: It's actually in Pleasant Grove. There are several other lakes in the area but only for slalom.

I've been hearing about it for awhile now and knew it was in Placer County for review. Not sure until it's built it'll really happen or not. If I would have had the $$ those lakes would have been mine.... :cry: It's actually in Pleasant Grove. There are several other lakes in the area but only for slalom.

The lakes are already there..I see they still call it Stillwater Ranch....have been for years. Twin lakes, side by side. I was a member a few years back...Sasha and Blake I think were their names. He lost it a few years back, and lost track of who had it, if it was being maintained. The smaller lake is a great lake to ski on.

Quite a few other lakes in the area, Liquid Zone further away from Sacto. You can look on Earth Google and see them pretty easy if you know what your looking for.

Edited by jkendallmsce

The lakes are already there..I see they still call it Stillwater Ranch....have been for years. Twin lakes, side by side. I was a member a few years back...Sasha and Blake I think were their names. He lost it a few years back, and lost track of who had it, if it was being maintained. The smaller lake is a great lake to ski on.

Quite a few other lakes in the area, Liquid Zone further away from Sacto. You can look on Earth Google and see them pretty easy if you know what your looking for.

Oh ya I knew Sasha and Blake and skied there several times, know it well. We even held a crew ski clinic out there. The main benefit was the popular tress that lined it are so well grown that even on windy days the water is glass.

The project is called Wake Island and will open more than likely next year. The cable part is in on the north lake and the south lake is still the slalom lake. Liquid Force is part of it and a pro shop will also be out there. The project is full steam ahead but isn't ready at this point. Fox40 will be doing a story shortly on them and website and other media forms will be online soon.

• Like 1

Oh ya I knew Sasha and Blake and skied there several times, know it well. We even held a crew ski clinic out there. The main benefit was the popular tress that lined it are so well grown that even on windy days the water is glass.

We prpobably met then..I skied out there for 3-4 years...then moved, so I started skiing at another lake.

Its was alwasy tough looking into the sun in the late afternoon/early evening, but #1 lake was a great lake.

Not sure what happened, as Blake always said the catfish were a huge money maker, then he stopped??? but that was about the time I moved...went out and skied with existing members. I had read that Blake let it go...again not sure how and why...but it costs a chucnk to maintain a lake, with pumping costs, etc.

They had/have a place in Tahoe

Hum we may have met though I wasn't a member just a mooch...lol

Hasn't been a private lake I've been on that the sun at some point isn't a problem.

I thought their place was in Graeagle area but icbw. Catfish seem to be a money maker but it isn't easy and they also were in real-estate......

That's awesome! I wonder how much memberships will be? There's quite a few private ski lakes in the area, but most I've looked into aren't worth it for me.

NOt sure if they arestill up and running, but you have a couple of lakes near the Republik of Davis! Forget which road they are off, but NE of Davis.

ANd Malibudude, the best friend to have if you are a skier, is one who has a membership to a nice ski lake!! ha ha

Blake stopped the catfish and was messing with other stuff, stuff that I never paid much attention to. The catfish was like having a dairy, the cows always need milking and the catfish always needed to be fed.

Actaully Blake liked her doing the real estate thing , as she was up at Tahoe most of the time!! ha ha And I know most of the members liked her more when she was selling real estate.

Edited by jkendallmsce

NOt sure if they arestill up and running, but you have a couple of lakes near the Republik of Davis!

Yeah I know about a couple near the dump south of town, but I've never really looked into membership. Where are the others?

Yeah I know about a couple near the dump south of town, but I've never really looked into membership. Where are the others?

There are probably 2 dozen ski lakes within 50 miles of Sacto...just look on any waterski lakes/site..couple in Elk Grove, 3-5 out past Still Water.