Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Info on 2002 Response Barefooter

toolboat

I'm new to the tow boat world. I just bought a 2002 response barefoot edition. It is the red white and blue hull with the SSP. I was told that it was a limited edition. (1 of 4) I love the boat, but i wondered if anyone had any info on it i would appreciate it. Also, I live and boat at 7500ft above sea level. i currently have a acme 515 and can only get 4450rpm out of it i wondered if anyone had a prop suggestion. thx, Jamie

REd white and blue hull like on an angle? You might have a response SS. There's certainly more than 4 barefoot editions out there. Either way great boat, though if an SS, we wnat pictures. That's a bad machine!

It is a barefoot response not the ss i'll try to get a picture uploaded if i can figure out how. it has the hammerhead engine. it is the angled hull red white and blue design, but it has the barefoot decal on the back sides of the hull and the barefoot response decal on the back of the hull. thx for the help. http//www.vuxvox.com/collage/detail/0574160c23 should be the link to pictures. that is the link that was on the craigs list ad

Edited by toolboat

Was it this one in Utah that you just bought? That looked like a pretty sweet boat. What in the world lake are you skiing at 7500 feet around here?

http://www.ksl.com/i...=&search=malibu

Looks like some mis-information on the motor in that ad.

'02 Hammerhead is a 350, not a 383. The 383 was on the '05 - '09 boats and was 400HP. The '02 Hammerhead is 365HP.

we ski at stagecoach res. in colorado. I talked to the guys at indmar before buying the boat and they gave me the same info about the motor, but thanks for lookng out.

Edited by toolboat