Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aqua Thruster?

dtm8119

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this product (or knows someone who has)?

http://www.aquathruster.com/

At my folks place, they have quite a bit of muck on the lake bottom, and are just looking for options to reduce this. Seems like an interesting concept, but just thought I'd see if anyone has some real world experience with them!

Thanks! :whistle:

Wow. A grand for what is essentially a water pump? Seems pricey and I think it would move more than just the muck.

I have a weed roller. On the plus side it moves the muck, uproots any weeds, and leaves the sand.. this is a big plus

On the minus side, until you get the muck cleared out initially it is a real pain. Mine gets stuck in the muck even with the mud paddle on the end. Granted the muck is between knee and waist deep when you get out towards the end of the weed roller (roughly 21 feet out).

If your muck is 10 inches or less, you're probably good to go. There are probably 6 weed rollers on our lake, not a single one of the aqua thrusters.

• 3 years later...

My neighbor has one of these with a rotating function. They cleared out some serious muck and weeds; however, he dropped nearly 2k on it... which would result in my wife blowing a gasket if i spent that kind of $$$ on one ha. Basically its a deicer on a pole. On a positive note his fried out and they had a guy there in like an hour. Outstanding customer service which is probably part of the high P.