Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

won't start on just one battery

bamabonners

earlier in the summer I replaced both batteries because battery 2 was draining and not charging - I replaced both at the same time just in case. Now, about a month and a half later I am getting the same thing again.

Symptoms: If I put selector or Battery 2 and press the power button on the dash, it will take a few seconds for everything to power up. Sometimes I have to push the button a few times. Then the electronics and blower will come on, I enter the code, press start and it all dies. Volt meter says 12.3. I have checked terminal connections and they seem to be tight. I have checked connections under the dash and they seem to be solid. I can switch to battery 1 and it doesn't seem to have any problems.

The first thing I would check is the switch I had one go bad about a year ago. It sound like a bad connection or wiring issue to me. Swap the batteries in the boat around that will tell you if it is the battery or not. If it is the battery you may still have the problem I said above and that is what is causing your battery to go bad did you add the two batteries your self if so show us how you hocked it up maybe that is do wrong. If it is just your battery and it has happened twice it maybe your charger sending the wrong volts to that one side I don't want to sound so negative just trying to give you some ideas I would start with swapping the batteries. GOOD LUCK

Sounds like the switch contactors. I am not sure the switch used, but the rotary Perko type are pretty simplisitc on the inside and the ones I had could be cleaned up. Surprised though that you have an '11 and having issues with it already.

Sounds like the switch contactors. I am not sure the switch used, but the rotary Perko type are pretty simplisitc on the inside and the ones I had could be cleaned up. Surprised though that you have an '11 and having issues with it already.

Not a big deal, bad connections happen, connections get loose.

Will try some suggestions today and keep you updated.

Love the graphic with the charge levels. Should be in a sticky!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE since another person is having the issue and I sent them to this thread: push button switch seemed to have a bad connection. I made sure all connections were clean and tight and issue seemed to better. New owners had no problems when they test drove it.

Edited by bamabonners