Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who owns the LSV on Lake Tulloch?

Fman

I was on Lake Tulloch for the past few days, saw a beautiful house on the south arm with a new blue/white/black LSV? Almost went over to say Hi but I figured the last thing the guys wants is someone gauking at his setup.

Just curious, are you on this board? Just wanted to say you have my dream setup, custom home, private dock with covered lift.... sweet!

Edited by Fman

I was on Lake Tulloch for the past few days, saw a beautiful house on the south arm with a new blue/white/black LSV? Almost went over to say Hi but I figured the last thing the guys wants is someone gauking at his setup.

Just curious, are you on this board? Just wanted to say you have my dream setup, custom home, private dock with covered lift.... sweet!

where are you talking about say from the marina and the bridge?? There are 3-4 newer homes along the east shore south of the marina.

If you go all the way thru the 5 mph zone...ya I know it is almost a mile and takes forever, I have the black LXI on the lift...it is called Pennisula Estates. Next time you are there, stop by, I will buy ya a cold beer or soda.

where are you talking about say from the marina and the bridge?? There are 3-4 newer homes along the east shore south of the marina.

If you go all the way thru the 5 mph zone...ya I know it is almost a mile and takes forever, I have the black LXI on the lift...it is called Pennisula Estates. Next time you are there, stop by, I will buy ya a cold beer or soda.

Yes, thats where it was past the bridge on the left side of the lake (east side). There is a new 2011-12 LSV purple, black and white on a covered lift with a huge house on it. Are you on that arm or in the 5 mph zone? We rented a house in back part of the 5 mph zone. The lake was nice but very crowded, Saturday was a zoo and its not even peak season. I also noticed the wind seems to kick up even in the morning and evenings, not sure if this is normal but a little disappointing for nice glassy water...

LOL, I also got pulled over by the Sheriff for having my docking lights on late in the evening on Sunday... glad to see them out in full force, but I was like really??? I think they wanted to check out my wife and her friend more than give me a hard time about docking lights... he did not write me a ticket, especially when he found out I also work in public service. It was funny... the classic "Rosco Peco" cop, but with all the traffic on that lake I can see why they have three sheriff boats out there.

Edited by Fman

LOL, I also got pulled over by the Sheriff for having my docking lights on late in the evening on Sunday...

You can't have docking lights on at night? I'm confused...

Not sure about your situation but in general the wealthy guy with the big lake house, fancy lift, fancy malibu isn't on here :) on my lake of the 4 wake malibus the 3 others are owned by wealthy people who could care less about it as long as it runs.

No because it can blind a driver to see your navigation lights.

FYI, actuallty its because "white lights" in marine terminology refer to the rear of the vessel. No white lights allowed on the front of any vessel when traveling on the water... Just like the front red/green bow light refers to star/port sides. It really has nothing to do with "blinding" another boat, they are not bright enough to have this effect. If you see white lights on the water you should be looking at the rear of the vessel.

• Like 1

FYI, actuallty its because "white lights" in marine terminology refer to the rear of the vessel. No white lights allowed on the front of any vessel when traveling on the water... Just like the front red/green bow light refers to star/port sides. It really has nothing to do with "blinding" another boat, they are not bright enough to have this effect. If you see white lights on the water you should be looking at the rear of the vessel.

That was the explanation I got when I was pulled over with them on, funny thing though no other boats were around.

Yes, thats where it was past the bridge on the left side of the lake (east side). There is a new 2011-12 LSV purple, black and white on a covered lift with a huge house on it. Are you on that arm or in the 5 mph zone? We rented a house in back part of the 5 mph zone. The lake was nice but very crowded, Saturday was a zoo and its not even peak season. I also noticed the wind seems to kick up even in the morning and evenings, not sure if this is normal but a little disappointing for nice glassy water...

LOL, I also got pulled over by the Sheriff for having my docking lights on late in the evening on Sunday... glad to see them out in full force, but I was like really??? I think they wanted to check out my wife and her friend more than give me a hard time about docking lights... he did not write me a ticket, especially when he found out I also work in public service. It was funny... the classic "Rosco Peco" cop, but with all the traffic on that lake I can see why they have three sheriff boats out there.

We're at the north end of the 5mph zone. ANd there are always quite a few sheriff's boats on the water..in part the lake is in 2 counties...So you have twice the usual number. And for some reason, there are always alot of chucklheads on the lake. NOt sure if I was draggin my boat some where, why I would go to Tulloch, when you have New Melones and Don Pedro close by and are exponentailly larger lakes.

Weekdays are ok on the lake, weekends are zoo like, but they do have a few events at the hotel/marina, so that is always entertaining. Our routine is do all the chores til about noonish, then head out and up the river...water is cooler and fewer chuckleheads to deal with.

And ya tower and or docking lights are not to be on at night....Even had a little discussion aobut the underwater transom lights...and if that was ok to have them on at night?? Still scratching my head as to why they sell them, if you can't use them at night.... But the seller is not responisble for how and when you use them...ha ha I use them justa as I am putting the boat on the lift.

You may not know, but after dark the entire lake is 5mph...so no speeding after hours...and a 45 mph limits during daylight hours, but there are a couple of locals with big blocks they kinda let slide....Barney likes to catch folks doing either. Over all a pretty cushy job for Rick Ranger...plus weekends are 1 1/2 pay...not bad to cruise around in someone else's boat....

and ya pretty breezy, so I take my Hobie Islander out when the wind kicks up.