Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX vs. LSV23

reastwood79

do you want bowrise or no?

It doesn't necessarily bother me, I was simply making an observation.

Besides, a little more throttle to the Hamerhead dramatically reduces duration of time the bow rises. :)

You can limit that with a few extra lb's up front. Mine has hardly any bow rise. Tongue.gif

What kind of weight do you have up front and where do you put it?

You can limit that with a few extra lb's up front. Mine has hardly any bow rise. Tongue.gif

What kind of weight do you have up front and where do you put it?

"Pop Bags" 40 lb canvas bags of steel shot. They fit under the gunnels just aft of the side pockets. It's a great addition to the bow ballast when you have extra weight added to the rear.

Some guys just leave some water in the bow or center tank (depending on what you have) to compensate. I haven't tried that one yet, but I plan to make use of it this summer.

I just made the "up to 8 people" as an extreme. If you're doing that regularly, then the LSV should be given serious consideration. Even though it's only 1.5' longer & a matter of inches wider, it feels so much bigger.

More often than not we have a small crew of maybe 3 riders and the driver. But the 5 times or so a year we have 10+ people it is no sweat, we could fit a few more before it starts getting tight.