Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter projects

1985Skier

Hey Crew, as some of you know I have a 1985 Malibu Skier. The boat has been running great but am noticing some rotting throughout the boat. The two main spots I am getting a lot of rot from is in the passenger seat, and the driver side, side panel. I plan on taking both side panels out this fall before it goes in storage and rebuild both of the panels and then re pad and reapply the vinyl. Any suggestions on what material I should use to replace the panel with? More plywood? composite? Ceder?

Also does anyone have any dimensions or plans on rebuilding their passenger seat for their skier? Also did you make it a one piece seat or keep it the two section seat? Need some advice on these DIY projects. They should not be too tough but wanted to see what others on the crew thought!

I will take and post pictures of the rot tonight when I get home from work for everyone to see.

Thanks in advance.