Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check out my 4 year old son riding behind our LSV

surfcitylsv

The Music is from the Bangles off the " The Best of Rodney on the Rock" Album. ( 1978)

Check this one out.

Edited by surfcitylsv

The next Parks Bonifay! Awesome video! thanks for sharing... my youngest was 5 when he first got on the wakeboard, now he is turning 10 next month... amazing how time flies!

Just curious, how fast are you towing him? he looks like he is going at least 17-18 MPH.... I got a little nervous watching when the board starting turning sideways, that would have been a painful face plant...

When I first started pulling him I was @ 14-16 MPH. He kept trying to go outside the wake so I had to increase the speed to 19-20 to clean up the wake.

The toe side cuts were a little scary.

After a few more rides he has able to spin the board to fakie while riding the wake.

He rides a skateboard 3-5 hours everyday so balancing on a wakeboard came natural to him.

Edited by surfcitylsv
  • Like 2

Wow, 19-20 MPH at 4 years old.... thats pretty amazing. I hope he never catches an edge, that will be a wicked faceplant/crash. My 10 year old weighs 100 lbs and he is riding at 19-19.4 MPH @ 55-60ft. LOL, I am 40 I only ride at 19-20 MPH.... I cant even keep up with a 4 year old!

When I first started pulling him I was @ 14-16 MPH. He kept trying to go outside the wake so I had to increase the speed to 19-20 to clean up the wake.

The toe side cuts were a little scary.

After a few more rides he has able to spin the board to fakie while riding the wake.

He rides a skateboard 3-5 hours everyday so balancing on a wakeboard came natural to him.

holy cow.

That's awesome. Maybe we will see him out there someday? How did you go about teaching him? I have a 6 and 4 year old and very seldom can I talk the 6 year old out there.

He has been swimming since he was two and is very comfortable in the water and on a tube. I stated by attaching a handle to each ends of the rope. I hold one side and he holds the other end ,if he starts to fall I let go of my end before he face plants. Each session I gradually lengthen the rope until we are at full length.It only took a couple tries before he was on his feet.

The third time he told me he wanted to ride like a "Man" and pointed to the top of the tower.

He has incredible balance for a four year old. Once he gets to his feet he rides like he is on his skateboard.

seriously his skating is ridiculous. I was never very good, but spent every waking hour skating from 13 to 16. Scars to prove it!. Your son can basically do everything I could and his fakie riding is awesome. Buy that kid a trampoline! He's going to be killing it when he gets to be 10-12-14.

Thanks for the info. My 6 yr old is on a swim team and like your son has been swimming since he just turned two and is comfortable in the water. The few times I got him on the board we used a surf rope of the pylon. He would get up for about 15seconds then I'd have to dive in with him cause he didn't like the boat leaving and coming back. My 4 yr old has unbelievable balance and athleticism he is just timid to go out there. They like the tube but could honestly care less. Thought about getting a knee board just to get them used to holding a rope and being towed?

Being separated from the boat is most kids fear. I had to start my girls close to the boat while standing on the swim step holding the rope the lengthen it when they felt comfortable in the water.

Last year when my son was 3 he really wanted to wakeboard. We tried several different methods but he was not strong enough to hold on. Earlier this summer I gave him a handle and started pulling him around on his skateboard so he could feel what it was like to hold on.

Awesome! What a natural! His balance and control on the wakeboard and skateboard is amazing. I can't believe the dude is only 4. When he starts kindergarten I bet everyone will love him, can't say I know of any 4 year olds shredding like that!

That is exactly what I did.

It allows you to let go of the handle before the rider falls. Kids do not like to let go when they fall and end up dragging and peeling their eye lids back.

Most Definately his biggest fear. I did the same. He holds on to the surf rope which only puts him 15' back from the boat. When he falls I dove in and wait with him till boat comes back. I may have to try the skate board idea. Thanks for the info. And man your son is awesome on those boards.