Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Width for 2013 VLX

Cory

I was surprised when I read the trailer specs on Malibu's new website. The trailer for the VLX is quoted narrower than the the trailer for the VTX. I called/emailed Boatmate and got the following official info:

The trailer for the VLX with 14" wheel/tire package is 98.5" wide at the bulging sidewalls of the tires.

The trailer for the VLX with 18" wheel/tire package is 101" at the bulging sidewalls of the tires.

The stainless fender option does not affect the above dimensions.

The VTX trailer is wider because the 98" beam of the boat allows them to sit the boat lower between the tailer wheel fenders to make it easier to launch the boat (i.e., don't have to back the trailer as far into the water). The 100" beam of the VLX is close enough to the legal limit of 102" that they have to raise the bunks anyway, so they go ahead and make the trailer a little narrower.

Thought others would appreciate this info.