Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My swim platform drags while surfing

Jamobado

I have just started surfing with my 2002 Wakesetter 23LSV. Here is my setup. 1100 lbs. in rear locker 400 lbs. under mid seat. 370 in bow, stock MLS bag in ski locker, and wedge down. It produces a decent surf wave on the starboard side, but while surfing the other day I noticed the starboard rear corner of the swim platform is dragging in the water with creates its own micro wake and spray right on to the front of my board. The knee jerk solution here would be to raise the swim platform (or chop the corner off). Does anyone have any experience with this issue or similar.

Thanks Crew!

That would happen with my 02 21lsv when we had too much weight in the back and not enough in the center/bow. Try moving the weight forward slighly. The wave might not appear quite as tall, but it wil be cleaner longer and have more push. If its anything like a 21'.

- C

On my 06 23 LSV i put enough weight in that the swim platform digs in a little bit. Doesn't cause a real issue for me. Thought it was normal that if you ran enough weight the swim platform touched the water.