Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Ronix Eight.3 Ballast System

jesseray6537

i really dont know a lot about ballast systems or pumps, i just seen this and wanted to share it with the forum. cant wait for more info to come and for someone to actually get one and do a real review on this product. i love ronix products! everything i have is ronix so when i seen they made a ballast system i was interested!

I was the one who came up with the "pump inside the bag" Idea. I talked to Ronix, and they were able to make a bag that I could use any size submersible pump with.

I was always limited with the in-line (aerator) pumps. I wanted to be able to use the largest 12 volt pump possible... hence the 3700 gph submersible bilge pump. There is a 4000 gph pump, but I could not find one for less than $200, I bought a new 3700 gph pump for $110. I tried to use a 3700 gph in-line washdown pump, but it would airlock too much. When I modified a bag, and put the pump inside the bag it worked perfectly. I might not weight my boat the same as everyone else. I fill my stock ballast, then manually fill two 750 lb. bags... sometimes more. I mainly use the weight for surfing, and I wanted to be able to switch from goofy to regular fast. I can switch sides now in 2 minutes. I might buy another pump and a three way valve, so i can switch from goofy to regular, and empty the bags, all from the drivers seat.

I could have used any size pump with the bags, but I am glad I bought the 3700 gph... it's fast.

Edited by remmi
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

New video / commercial for the new bags from Ronix. Like I have told many people this system may not be used by a lot of boat owners but the items they have in the pipe line will. This is just the beginning.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...