Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Impeller 2002 Wakesetter LSV 23'

I am new to owning a boat and especially a v-drive and would like some advice for what I see happening. It looks like the impeller is leaking a small amount of water while the engine is running. Do I need to replace a gasket or would anyone reccomend I just replace the whole impller (with a kit that comes with new gaskets)? Also I am not sure how to make sure I order the correct part. I was on http://www.bakesonli...om/default.aspx and I was not able to tell which part is the correct one.

Also is it possible that there is something else wrong or am I headed in the correct direction?

Sorry for being such a noob when it comes to this but I want to try to get it right the first time.

Thanks

Jeremy

Easy answer: Call Bakes and they will help you get the right part. Very helpful prople.

Otherwise, if the leak is from the engine side of the impeller housing near the spinning shaft, you need a new impeller pump or PM 85 Barefoot and he might be able to tell you how he rebuilt his pump. If the leak is on the outside of the impeller housing and won't stop when you tighten the four screws you might try a new gasket.

Easy answer: Call Bakes and they will help you get the right part. Very helpful prople.

Otherwise, if the leak is from the engine side of the impeller housing near the spinning shaft, you need a new impeller pump or PM 85 Barefoot and he might be able to tell you how he rebuilt his pump. If the leak is on the outside of the impeller housing and won't stop when you tighten the four screws you might try a new gasket.

DON'T over-tighten those soft brass screws, they are only spec'd at a few INCH pounds.

Edited by tvano