Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

upgrade stargazer to no magnet method?

stonelx

Anyone upgrade their star gazer to latest software so the magnet and timers aren't needed?

What was your experience like? How much? Easy to upgrade?

Thanks!

I just installed the upgrade for the 3 event. Cost was about $700 which included the new module, gps, and new gauge. I installed everything in about an hour with no problem. I haven't got it in the water yet to set up. I should be on the water this Tuesday. I'll let you know how the setup goes afterwards. You still have to set your rpm baselines for initial power advancments, then gps takes over within a few seconds according to the folks at Perfect Pass.

Contacted Perfect Pass, and the software upgrade is $150.00.

He said it was easy, but didn't give details. Guessing you replace a chip, or upgrade via usb port or something.

Might just have to buy myself a Christmas present as our boat is put away for hibernation now. :(

When I upgraded last year, they sent a small card with the upgrade software & 2 leds on it.

Can't remember if I pulled a cable & replaced, or plugged it onto some pegs on the main board in the master module - think it was the latter.

Overall process was:

1) Plug in upgrade card

2) Turn on system

3) Wait for lights to cycle as directed

4) Restart system.

5) Enjoy

I sent mine back to PP and they upgraded the software. Much easier user interface. I never used the magnets or timer switch anyway, and now it just reads off the GPS without any problems.

I sent mine back to PP and they upgraded the software. Much easier user interface. I never used the magnets or timer switch anyway, and now it just reads off the GPS without any problems.

Does it give you ABT?