Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 SS LXI

dihrdskir

Looking at a 02 SSLXI towerless but has ballast and efi, 200 hrs and asking 23K. Looks neat enough and on a tandem trailer. Anyone have any thoughts about this model? Just looking for an honest boat to do a bit of everything.

If you get a tower, the boat will have a respectable board wake and a top notch slalom wake, you could always add a bag in the trunk, and it will be better. Does it have the wedge?

Great boat!

Of course I say that, we have the 03 model!

$23K seems low to me, so if its in good shape, you might be getting a wicked deal!

Agree, but I think it's priced a bit on the high side of what it should go for, IMO.

Edited by inlandlaker

I think it might be priced right. Give us more info about the boat (wedge, PP, heater, stereo, etc). I cant say enough good about the SSLxi for someone who wants a world class slalom wake and still be able to wakeboard and surf with a respectable wake. PM me if you have any more questions.

With only 200 hours, I would expect a dealer to sell this around 30K or more. ...and I'm thinking Canadian dollars.

So maybe 23K is bang on. :biggrin:

Thanks for all the feedback. Logged off overnight. Other options are the wedge, heater, 325 hp. I have a tower waiting for the appropriate donor boat. The consternation has arisen because I am considering a number of options including a '10 RLXI @ $34k with the same kit and a '12 PS 197 TT at more dollars again. Just concerned about the 02 being 10 yrs old, styling and serviceability of equipment.

Thanks for all the feedback. Logged off overnight. Other options are the wedge, heater, 325 hp. I have a tower waiting for the appropriate donor boat. The consternation has arisen because I am considering a number of options including a '10 RLXI @ $34k with the same kit and a '12 PS 197 TT at more dollars again. Just concerned about the 02 being 10 yrs old, styling and serviceability of equipment.

I wouldn't worry too much about a 10 year old low hour boat as long as it's been taken care of. The 320 Monsoon is a great motor and parts are readily available. Can't do anything about the styling, but the '02s look great to me! I'm sure the other boats are sweet as well.

I've got a 2000 LXI with about 900 hours on it. Bought it new. I've never had a problem with it other than some interior stitching coming apart and the Keyser Medallion guages have failed on mine which was a common issue in 2000. Overall it's a great boat. It does everything well. You do need to sack it out for wakeboarding to get a big wake. I'm not sure I'll every sell mine. Take care of it and it will last you a long time. Good luck.