Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

94 Echelon Lights problem

I know I've tried the lights in my drive with boat on trailer in past and they've worked. Today, I tried them, the interior lights, even the instrument lights....all no light. Tried with key out and key in turned with power on. Still no lights..

Boat starts and runs fine...Computron still works occasionally...so can't be that there's something wrong in the switch...

Horn and blower work....so I Looked under dash...nothing unplugged...and doesn't look like any fuses to be found. And I didn't see what some call circuit breakers under the Computron dash controls....

So...any ideas? I can't fathom that the boat has to be actually running for the lights to work. That's about the only thing I've tried.

Dang...was just pulling seats to get boat ready for storage (59 degree nights makes it chilly for skiing) and was already planning for next summer and going out at night (we've never gone at night) and just wanted to see the lights working.

Good think I check things first....would be been a quick ride ;-)

My computron was removed before I got the boat, but all of my switches for lights, horn, radio, ect. are on constant power, not ignition switched.

Might have to pull switches or test at the backside for power in/out.

Interior lights are on a different switch than navigation lights, right? So that should not be related. Maybe just corroded? Have you cycled the switches a dozen times? And there should be breakers right under the switches. Looking up under the dash you'll see a bank of black circles with white dots in the centers, those are your breakers. Maybe push on those white dots to make sure none have tripped? Also, your whole switch assembly comes out with a few allen screws if you want to remove it and look at each connection without being up underneath the dash, that's a tough spott to work on stuff.

yeah jk13....I thought mine were on switched power too...as I know I've tried various switched in past while boat in driveway and no key in switch.

Boarder...yep...tried all the switches several times...the horn, blower, and bilge work, event the Computron Function switches work. Was just wanting to test the rear light and found it wasn't working. So then tried the instrument and interior lights and those didn't work either. I'll have to try the breakers route next time I'm under dash.

Yep...wanted to reply so another that has same problem can start here...it was the resets under the dash. Odd though...only one was "blown/tripped"...and yet that affected several other lights functions. Anyways, pushed white button in and viola...all lights now working!

Yep...wanted to reply so another that has same problem can start here...it was the resets under the dash. Odd though...only one was "blown/tripped"...and yet that affected several other lights functions. Anyways, pushed white button in and viola...all lights now working!

NIce! You probably have a bulb out that tripped the fuse. Probably was the stern light at one time.