Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 LSV Build Pics

G-Pac

Finally got some pics from TN last night.

Our spray date was 2/22 and the first shots they sent were from yesteray, so it appears that thay missed pics from the first several build days. I even requested them via email (to Ellery at TN plant) 5 days prior to the spray date (2/17) just FYI.

She is looking good so far. Will post more as they become available.

G-Pac

Link to pics at PHOTOBUCKET

You are STOKED!

Part of yer problem is that Ellery works in California...... Not TN. Surprised.gif

Pat

Oh great. That would explain it then, the pics I did get came from someone other than Ellery at Malibu, but she was copied. Thanks for clarifying this.

Congrats! Yahoo.gif

We need to keep the 23LSV family together...with all of these 247 people now trying to take over!

:lol:

G- Your cover shipped last week. Hopefully your boat will ship soon as well :)

Congrats! Yahoo.gif

We need to keep the 23LSV family together...with all of these 247 people now trying to take over!

:lol:

G- Your cover shipped last week. Hopefully your boat will ship soon as well :)

Thanks Stewart, I got the email with the UPS tracking info. We were in Mexico all last week and that helped pass the time, waiting for a new boat to be delivered can be a challenge! The cover should be here in plenty of time for us to go pick up the boat. I will let you know.

CHEERS!

congratulations....tenn is on the same sched. as merced ... if you're spray date was the 22nd ... you're lake test should be today... ( my boat had the same spay date ) those are old pics... they should be from thurs... I went to merced and saw it yesterday, they were installing the interior ... anyway gl and enjoy ;)

Edited by badbob13ftw
congratulations....tenn is on the same sched. as merced ... if you're spray date was the 22nd ... you're lake test should be today... ( my boat had the same spay date ) those are old pics... they should be from thurs... I went to merced and saw it yesterday, they were installing the interior ... anyway gl and enjoy ;)

According to the email accompanying the pics, Indmar is "running behind with parts" for the saltwater package and the plant is waiting for my engine to be delivered, hopefully today. If it does arrive today, then the lake test will be today, otherwise the schedule will slip. I am not in a huge rush, I would prefer to know they are taking their time and getting it all done right the first time around!

As for the pics, they said they were taken on Monday but I am not sure if they really know for sure. You are probably right which makes me feel better. Thanks for the feedback!

G-Pac

Indmar is "running behind with parts" for the saltwater package...

What is that? They didn't offer one last time I checked... Are you talking abour closed cooling?

JZ

Indmar is "running behind with parts" for the saltwater package...

What is that? They didn't offer one last time I checked... Are you talking abour closed cooling?

JZ

From what my dealer told me, they run a ground system (wire) to all of the running gear (prop, rudder, etc) to reduce/prevent electrolysis/corrosion. It is <$300 and a better option than drilling and attaching sacrificial zinc anodes to all that gear. My dealer actually contacted the factory to verify that this package was not simply the zinc anodes, and in fact, the grounding system for the running gear. I am not a EE, so any additional technical feedback will have to come from someone more knowledgeable than me. Hope this helps.

More pics came of the build, click the PHOTOBUCKET link (in opening post of this thread) to view them. 6 pics total as of today.

G-Pac

does the boat only have a yellow stripe on the bottom?

Solid black hull with a yellow hull accent (at least I think that is the designation) which runs just above the waterline from midship to stern. At least, that is what I ordered...hopefully it comes out correctly!

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY...

The engine was delivered to the TN plant from Indmar last week and was installed on Friday.

I have added approximately 10 new pics of the build process for our boat to the Photobucket link below.

Link to PHOTOBUCKET

She is scheduled to be lake tested tomorrow, but I have no idea when she will be delivered to my dealer.

For those interested, Indmar was delayed in delivering the engine b/c they were waiting for parts for the saltwater package. This is the HH engine in case any of you are considering this engine with this package in the near term, you may want to expect possible delays this time of year.

Hope you all enjoy the pics as much as I have. This is the hardest part of the wait for me, she is ready to take to the water and I likely will not see her in person for weeks. At least we are not ready to start our season just yet. Here in Annapolis MD today, the air temp. is mid to high 30s.

Cheers!!

G-Pac