Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What to look for?

Dsm

Hello everyone I'm new to the whole boat thing, looking for one by this winter, need some advice about a Malibu skier it's an 85 with a tower looks nice from pics but who knows, I will be going to look at it soon and find a mechanic to go over it before the sale is final if I do like it.

So what are the perks of this year/model?

What's a good price (6000)?

Is this a good boat (known as a lemon or not)?

Is this a good beginner wake boarding boat?

One thought is to find a Malibu Crew member in your area so they can go look at the boat with you. That way you have experience in your pocket about what the boat will need, about how much things might costs and do things look right or is something not quite up to par. Make a list, estimate the cost to make the boat the way you really want it to be.

The mechanic should do at minimum a compression check on every cylinder to ensure the engine has lots of life left and more important that all the cylinders are within a couple lbs of each other.

One great simple easy philosophy in buying a boat is to drive it. She will tell you if she likes you or not, or visa- versa.

Decide what the boat is going to be used for, skiing, wakeboarding, surfing- this will aid in determining what hull you really want for your needs.

Once you have a better understanding of the actual boat condition, what it will cost to meet your personal expectations, I bet you will probably have a good sense on if the boat is worth the money or not.

• Like 3