Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 V-Ride...750FlyHigh or 900Sumo?

ADDICTED2WAKE

I searched the forum for way too long about this...I found a lot of good info but doesn't answer my question.

I want to FILL my rear lockers (07 Vride w/ NO factory rear ballast, ie more depth)

I know everyone says fly high is the way to go but I'm not going to plumb these in...I just want to max out my locker space w/ out causing any damage anywhere (engine compartment walls or other).

If the Sumo sac 900 (50X22X22) will fit nicely, I'd like to get these. However, if I'll never be able to fill it completely I'd probably opt for the fly high 750s (50X20X20)...will the 750's completely fill?

Anyone have any pics of either in your Vride (w/ or w/out factory hard tanks)?

thanks for the help!

I have an 08 vRide. I have two Fly High 750's. I use one filled completely on the surf side with mid tank full and floating wedge down. We have no problems surfing with a nice wake. If I have less than 3 people in the boat I'll fill the other sack on the surf side seat. When we switch sides for other footed surfers I just use my tsunami portable pump to fill from one sack to the other. It's quick. Takes maybe 5 minutes at most while people are switching jackets, etc.

I like not having the factory tanks because of all the extra room and I can remove everything at the end of the day and dry the lockers out with a small fan overnight or move the sacks where I want them for extra weight. Had the sacks and pump since 09 with no problems.

TR

Edited by Tedro

I haven't upgraded the ballast in my vRide yet, but plan on going with 750s. Pretty sure there is a "kit" (wakemakers maybe?) that plumbs in the factory pumps, just have to take out the hard tanks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

I ended up with the 900's. Fills the locker completely. Its probably 95% full. It does push on the side wall but never popped out. Nonetheless I'll probably add some reinforcement in the spring.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

I ended up with the 900's. Fills the locker completely. Its probably 95% full. It does push on the side wall but never popped out. Nonetheless I'll probably add some reinforcement in the spring.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The flyhigh 750 did push my divider out...yours probably will too. Divider reinforcement sounds like a good winter project!