Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do any of you guys on here have V-Rides?

LSU1990

I have an 09 21' Vride and love the boat. It does everything that you will need it to do. The only thing that I wish it had that you can only get in the WakeSetter model is snap out carpet. I don't care much for the wall to wall carpet thing. Especially when you bring the dog onboard and a few of our friends with kids. However, this does not justify the huge jump up in price for me. I would maybe take a look at the 2013 A22 Axis as it has some nice upgrades this year.

I have an '08 Vride (165 hrs) fully loaded (power wedge, SS rubrail & bow rail, 3 MLS hard tanks, sub, tower speakers, spinner racks, SS STE, depth finder, tandem axle trailer, and much more), which I am contemplating selling next spring. Always stored on a boat lift under a canopy during the summer and in a garage during the winter--like new condition. I'm in the Seattle area, so if you decide to go with the previous generation Vride and my geography works for you, keep me in mind. I ordered the boat from Bake's, so I'm happy to deliver the boat to Paul at Bakes for an inspection to look it over (assuming they do that).

-Cory

Edited by Cory

There are two categories of V-Rides '05-'08 on the '04 VLX platform and then the current V-Rides (previously VLX from '05-'08) that started in '09. they are considered a great value and nothing less than the current VLX, LSV etc but just more cost competitive. Neither model would hold you back from advancing that's for sure.

By my math Gen 1 went 4 years, Gen 2 is looking at 5 years - would love to see a 2014 V-ride with the current VLX hull but without all the electronics and bling (except SurfGate, of course). That might be enough to persuade me to look at a new boat. Have the 05 VLX now and my buddy has a 2012 and the extra people capacity, space in the cabin and wake on his is pretty tempting...

one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is fuel economy. The narrower beam of the early rides + the LCR motor is a really efficient combo. Compared to ALL of my friends 21' boats, the VRide is by far the best on fuel. We can go a whole weekend on $100 in this thing. No one else even comes close.

I have an '02 Wakesetter VLX (same hull as the first vrides from 05-08). You really can't go wrong with this hull IMO. The boat feels plenty big inside for me with the 21 ft length and 93.5" beam. I'm currently just running the factory ballast (two rear, 1 belly 1,000 lbs total) and the wedge. The wake is super meaty with just factory weight and with the wedge deployed it gives it a steeper transition with a nice lip. I strongly recommend this hull to anyone looking.

Edited by petefranc

08, 21' Vride here - was looking at the 09 but it wouldn't fit through the garage opening (tower wouldn't fold low enough) - took the 08 instead and been happy ever since - 220 hours and counting - except the power wedge, its loaded - like the simplicity of the dash, and overall the performance of the boat - we surf it when it gets rough and its a great all around boat IMO. All of us have really upped our boarding skills- last weekend I strapped on the slalom as well. you won't be disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...

We bought an '06 VRide used after being boat-less for over 20 years. It is a great learning wakeboard and barefooting boat for us. We plan to install two 550# sacs over the winter to get more wake to go along with the fixed wedge and 400# of factory belly ballast (may help get my old rear end wake-to-wake). May also put some weight in the bow, 300# or so. I echo other's comments that the VRide is a great buy. Ours had 350 hours on it when we got it last November 5 (sold a Cobra replica I had built on October 30 to pay for it). Paid $29k for it and it was in pristine condition. Still is now that we have taken it from DC to Lake Powell this summer after 'boarding and 'footing all winter. We now have 460 hours on it and love the boat. Our last boat was an '83 Correct Craft 2001. This boat is a quantum leap from that boat. And the slalom wake at 32-34 is not that bad.

I have an 05 VRide. Just purchased in June of this year. Put almost 40 hrs on it from end of June till beginning of September. Factory rear hard ballast. Floating wedge. Absolutely love the boat.

Edited by BFWAKE75