Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake of the Ozarks Speedboat Accident Video

mattm

Oh, too funny. Could the driver have any slower reflexes or intuition? Guy just went down without any hint of resistance...

I read the driver had some sort of spinal compression from a jarring wave that essentially knocked him out cold while still seated. I am amzed that no one died in the accident. The boat was traveling at 60+mph.

is that a pontoon running at the 0:20 mark?

it's scooting right along!

Yep sure is! from what i have read it topped at 112 mph with tripple 300 hp merc outboards!

wild. i'd be afraid it would take flight at speed.

Yeah me too. i've seen another pontoon around the web sporting whipple superchargers on twin 383 small blocks.

I read the driver had some sort of spinal compression from a jarring wave that essentially knocked him out cold while still seated. I am amzed that no one died in the accident. The boat was traveling at 60+mph.

Well that would make sense, did it comment about any other injuries? Looks like he pretty much rag-dolled into the port side hard.

Yeah me too. i've seen another pontoon around the web sporting whipple superchargers on twin 383 small blocks.

my buddy has a 24 bennington with a whippled 496 in it goes 78 mph on gps, feels like its gunna take flight

I've been 120 in a Skater before. It's a very scary speed on the water, but fun for me because I love speed and the driver was an experienced and sane person. Especially at that time when I was in my early 20's - 20 years later when you get some experience, you start to understand that things like this can happen in all aspects of life. I'd still totally love riding with that guy again, though.

There's was another thread about this video. At first I was laughing with everyone else, but then someone pointed out they were first responder at a similar accident and a small boy died, which sobered me right up. It's funny to see these darwinian type gaffs, but I think about the real effects someone's stupidity can have and I think about myself and what I should be doing to keep people safe.

That looked like it hurt!

I am sure the gal in the green bikini may need some dental work when her face mooshed up against the side window and knocked her sunglasses off.

Stuff happens quickly out on the water....gotta stay alert all the time.

I am sure the gal in the green bikini may need some dental work when her face mooshed up against the side window and knocked her sunglasses off.

Stuff happens quickly out on the water....gotta stay alert all the time.

When you mix stupidity and motors bad things happen quickly. It's just that in boats the people are usually only in bathing suits...