Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PNP Rear ballast (optional), what it looks Like?

2008vlx

As i understand it it is just like Axis' system. All the plumbing is there to just attach the fill line to a sac, the drain line form sac to the fill line on the tank, and you're just putting a sac in the "middle" of the system.

Yes. In the back of the ski locker a pipe comes out that is basically an overflow from the hard tank. From what I understand you wait until the hard tank shuts off at full then start it again until water comes out the side and the sac is full. It's not a separate pump and it doesn't show up separately on the MaliView.

I will know for sure later this month.

• 2 weeks later...

thank's for the reply, not really what i was expecting. have ordered it, let's see it when the boat will arrive (january). was hopping to get an extra impeller pump, not jut the fittings.

Okay. If it is $400 for the rear pnp WITHOUT bags, then pass on it. You can get all the hoses and connections you need from wake makers along with your bags for %10 off with special codes. Just the hoses and fittings you need will be less than $80, not sure exactly. If malibu sets up the rear pnp for the bus the same way as axis, then all they do is provide a little bit extra hose (2-3') and put an extra anti-siphon valve on each side to hold the hose and will not be used once you hook up your bag (the valve was just there to hold the extra hose). it is a rip off for rears only. Mine came with the front pnp that consisted of a through hole with shut off valve, a fill pump, an empty pump, and another through hole for the front sack vent. The front literaly came ready to plug the sack in and go (once you bought the bag and fittings). The rears still needed all the fittings and quick disconnects, hose clamps, and bags.

You can put 750's PLUS all the hoses and connections that you need for less than $400 (310 for the 750's at wakemakers and less than $100 for everything else)... and you will have to do the same amount of work as if the factory had the pnp installed**.

**assuming that the rear pnp for malibu is the same for axis, please find out exactly what the $400 gets you and don't take my word.

Another reason to do it yourself is you will do it right the first time, do it better than the factory, and you will have an understanding of how it works so that you can fix it, replace it, or modify it without a trip to the dealer.

The new system isn't like the old system that axis used. The drain hose for the bag is on the back side of the rear compartment now instead of the fill and drain hose being on the same side of the bag, so that is why I assume they have to have custom bags now.

I guess I am confused... if the drain hose that goes to whatever bag you choose to install needs to come out the back of the bag towards the transom of the boat, then just turn the bag around. The fly highs have one low "drain" hole, and 2 fill/vent holes on top. So if the fill needs to be towards the front and the drain at the back, these bags will still work.

Anyhow, definitely go look at the set up at your dealer to see what is really going on. I am stoked that malibu and axis are now using bigger hose and pumps. totally jealous.

Malibu would be better of offering a true plug and play option from the factory.

If it were me designing the system it would be true additional ballast. Additional thru hulls, additional pumps and preplumbed hose to each locker and one to the bow/mid ship. Go ahead and wire them up to the MLS system and have separate controls.

Let the owner choose what bags he wants to put in there...400, 750, 1100lb.

x2 murphy, but with the new pumps and big diameter hoses, the piggy back for the rears works twice as fast... but yeah, no way to add guages or presets to the sacks...

I'll be interested to see how the drain the sacs. If the expectation is for gravity to drain the sac in to the tank and then the tank to drain the sac....good luck.

There will always be a good bit of water in those sacs if that is the way they are doin it

Murphy816 your are right. on the 2012 VLX i have plumbed the sac on the original hoses, but like you said the sac hasen't empty even with the 1'' hose. i have finally install a jabso reversible pump.

if you are right about the PNP for 2013, may by are have spent 400$ for nothing :-(. let's see when some one will get a 2013 and post pics.

I have my sacks gravity draining into the hard tanks and am able to get my sacks completely empty, laying flat on the locker floor, everytime without touching them. I did do the hose routing myself and really made sure to keep the hose as low as possible and short, so maybe thats why mine drains fully, or else I just got lucky.