Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop

After using a 515 and then switching to a 525, the hole shot was noticeably better and brought up my rpm's to the mid to upper range at WOT. I was running a little low with the 515. The 515/525 produce pretty much the same wake. We find skiing at 32+mph and on a shorter line improves the crossing. However, my 95 SS has a SV23 hull versus your SV23 Diamond, so you may find different results.

Good to know. I need a spare anyways so might go ahead and get the 525. I'm gonna call Acme today and chat.

Let us know the end results.

I just went with a 525 this summer and love the pickup on the hole shot. All in all I think it is a better all around prop for me although the 515 is still great and now my spare.

Kelly

Acme also suggested a 515 from my original Mister Minus 13x13 given my boat specs and usage. Like the others have said and you know having a 515, it's a big improvement over the old screws. However the 515, being CNC and larger blades still had too much bite and I needed more spins. Just curious, where are your rpm's @wot with the 515? Inlandlaker and myself plow through the water compared to your "bad to the bone diamond". We wish we had one.

I called Acme a few weeks back and they suggested a 515 for me also. When I purchased my boat (used) it came with a 911. Hole shot is great but engine over revs, not a good prop for barefooting. I will be purchasing a 515 this winter.

Acme also suggested a 515 from my original Mister Minus 13x13 given my boat specs and usage. Like the others have said and you know having a 515, it's a big improvement over the old screws. However the 515, being CNC and larger blades still had too much bite and I needed more spins. Just curious, where are your rpm's @wot with the 515? Inlandlaker and myself plow through the water compared to your "bad to the bone diamond". We wish we had one.

Interesting that Acme recommended a 515 for you when they told me 525. In any case, the 525 is sweet for my use and I'm happy with it. Next upgrade for me.....something on a diamond hull!

The factors in determining a prop include hull, engine size, altitude, used for barefooting, used in a closed course only or open water etc.

There isn’t a huge difference between the props, but the SSLXI performs better (out of the hole) with the 525 being a lower pitch at 11.5 vs. 12 for the 515. The 525 will have a better whole shot but you’ll be running more rpm’s being a lower pitch.

Not everything about props is scientific sometimes and in this case you need to test them. Acme and OJ both allow you to try different props and exchange them. For me the 525 worked great on my SSLXI but it was used on a closed course and also was weight down for wakeboarding. If I traveled distances on open water and only used the wedge and ski locker sac I’d probably have gone with the 515. I did test both and no change in the wake characteristics. At the end of the day just personal preference..

The factors in determining a prop include hull, engine size, altitude, used for barefooting, used in a closed course only or open water etc.

There isn’t a huge difference between the props, but the SSLXI performs better (out of the hole) with the 525 being a lower pitch at 11.5 vs. 12 for the 515. The 525 will have a better whole shot but you’ll be running more rpm’s being a lower pitch.

Not everything about props is scientific sometimes and in this case you need to test them. Acme and OJ both allow you to try different props and exchange them. For me the 525 worked great on my SSLXI but it was used on a closed course and also was weight down for wakeboarding. If I traveled distances on open water and only used the wedge and ski locker sac I’d probably have gone with the 515. I did test both and no change in the wake characteristics. At the end of the day just personal preference..

Great info.