Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Had a little fun on the Malibu with the local news crew this morning.

Bill_AirJunky

Hi Bill,

Thank you for sharing the video. You make it look so easy!!! But, it is far from being easy. You live in such a great part of the country and I love Liberty Lake.

Heheh, thanks guys. 70 degree water & mid 50s air.... the reporter was bundled up like it was January!!

Pretty funny how you can nail your tricks all day long..... then someone turns the camera on & WHAM, time to crash!

• Like 3

He's famous!! Looks like a good time for sure.

Bill's buddy makes it sound soooo easy, any old man can do it. For those of us that are athletically challenged, it takes a bit more practice.

Heheh, thanks guys. 70 degree water & mid 50s air.... the reporter was bundled up like it was January!!

Pretty funny how you can nail your tricks all day long..... then someone turns the camera on & WHAM, time to crash!

I think that subconsiously, you knew it'd make for better TV,then WHAM! Love the whistle "hit it" signal.

That was pretty cool!

Do face plants hurt more with cooler temps? ;)

Absolutely. Lowest I've ridden was 36 degree water 44 air. Imagine all the pain of the faceplant with something like 3 times the power of a normal ice cream headache. I actually have a neoprene skull cap for those ultra cold days because it's almost impossible to ride after your head gets wet without one.

Bill,

I meant to comment on this when you first posted it but got busy with the J.O.B...anyway awesome vid! Are you able to get the actually video form the news station? Seems like that would make a great vid for the collection-

Thanks srintx, at this point I have a lot on my resume. This one was great, and it's been getting legs. I just heard from a buddy in Phoenix where it got on the air too. But I'm about 20 yrs out of my prime so I doubt I'm going to be making a run at any titles.

Greg, your in Arkansas now days?? Dang, talk about gettin legs. Where to next??

Bill,

Yep, here in Arkansas. I hope not move again, but you never know with my employer. No matter what happens I'll be finding a new career within about 3 years. Looking forward to a winter where the lakes don't freeze! I do miss riding up there with you guys.

Bill,

Sick move by lifting the foil out of the water and skipped it on the surface... is that called something?

Hehe, it's called a skidder. It's one of those tricks that look easy..... yet result in some nasty faceplants as you learn it. Now days I can combo it with other tricks.... like a wake jump to skidder or a front roll to skidder........ unless it's 6am & then all bets are off.

Bill,

Sick move by lifting the foil out of the water and skipped it on the surface... is that called something?

I've done it many times but it is always by accident and it is always followed by a face plant of epic proportion. :(

Hehe, it's called a skidder. It's one of those tricks that look easy..... yet result in some nasty faceplants as you learn it. Now days I can combo it with other tricks.... like a wake jump to skidder or a front roll to skidder........ unless it's 6am & then all bets are off.

yup, face plants and SCARY re-launch splats when learning. trust me, I know. I am learning them now.