Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Options to make it easier resale-able.

footndale

Club will be purchasing a new Reponse LX. Last time I added two heater vents, retractable cleats and stainless rail. These seemed to be what people where asking for.

New one will probably have the pop up bow light added, so I don't need to add it myself.:)

Old color scheme was white hull, midnight blue with black trim.

Was wondering if there are any other options that could help it resale quicker or maybe different color schemes.

We might upgrade the engine, but that never seemed to matter much when talking with people. Zero off would probably be the biggest item, though I don't know if it justifies the cost.

Dwight

Seems like the bigger engine is important if you have potential buyers that might be at higher elevations. In Utah, there are a few lakes at 6,000 feet+, and the bigger engine was sold as a must from dealerships. It is hard to dispel/disagree with that.

Wedge and Surfgate. This really opens it up for wake boarding and surfing newbees. Maybe a motor upgrade just need to really look at the cost on that one.

Is a booster seat standard equipment? If not, it's a must have. I modified our '98 to a new style booster seat last winter and my wife loves it. I don't use it when pulling a skier but when wakeboarding, surfing or tubing it's always up.

Club will be purchasing a new Reponse LX. Last time I added two heater vents, retractable cleats and stainless rail. These seemed to be what people where asking for.

New one will probably have the pop up bow light added, so I don't need to add it myself. :)

Old color scheme was white hull, midnight blue with black trim.

Was wondering if there are any other options that could help it resale quicker or maybe different color schemes.

We might upgrade the engine, but that never seemed to matter much when talking with people. Zero off would probably be the biggest item, though I don't know if it justifies the cost.

Dwight

I think the best thing you can do for resale is the lowest possible cost. Other than Monsoon engine, I'd go bone stock.

Well Dwight. You probably won't ask that again eh?

Peter :)

ps - to answer your question based in reality, you have all you need.

Yeah, surfgate on Response LX is like making a Wakesetter a tournament barefoot boat. It's not going to happen.

Is a booster seat standard equipment? If not, it's a must have. I modified our '98 to a new style booster seat last winter and my wife loves it. I don't use it when pulling a skier but when wakeboarding, surfing or tubing it's always up.

...on his Response LX. Just sayin'!

I think the best thing you can do for resale is the lowest possible cost. Other than Monsoon engine, I'd go bone stock.

Based on history, don't agree. When you had Sporters, yes, but with a Response, people are more of a 3 event Niche.

The best thing for resale is no holes in vinyl. Fiberglass/gel coat can be fixed really easy.

I would stay with blue as blue boats never seem to have any trouble reselling. I would avoid black hulls as some people are concerned about maintaining them. Also avoid orange and green as they are the most difficult to resell (according to my local dealer). I would agree that you should upgrade to the monsoon. Anything more than that is a waste of money on a Response. If you aren't going to use the heater, I wouldn't get it. It is easy to install later if it becomes an issue when it comes time to sell. I would also second the observer jump seat and Zero Off are must haves.

Can you still get a Response with the '02-'06ish scheme? If they'll still do a 4 color setup, get a moonbeam base, midnight blue or forest green main, gray or zephyr first accent, black second accent. Our '03 team boats were those colors and they're the two nicest looking Responses I've ever seen bar none.

In all reality wouldn't a Response TXI be an easier boat to sell than a Response LX??? My disclaimer is I have no idea what a new LX costs compared to a new TXI, but I would think if resale was a huge concern (which it sounds like it is) the TXI would be an easier sell. Is there a specific reason the LX is the boat of choice for the club. My guess is that a good deal of footn' takes place at your club, and the LX is better for that???

Yep red and black is a great of course i might be biasd.... I like th power wedge option...but be warned it does add about 18 inches to the length... tougher to get into a garage.

In all reality wouldn't a Response TXI be an easier boat to sell than a Response LX??? My disclaimer is I have no idea what a new LX costs compared to a new TXI, but I would think if resale was a huge concern (which it sounds like it is) the TXI would be an easier sell. Is there a specific reason the LX is the boat of choice for the club. My guess is that a good deal of footn' takes place at your club, and the LX is better for that???

TXI not that great for show ski team. To heavy and don't maneuver as well. TXI are great for 3 event. TXI would be at least $10,000 more.

Around the boats, multiple doubles, jump and some footing.

Purchased the 2011 for 37k, sold it for 31k after two seasons and 260 hours on it. Always looking to see if it can be turned quicker. One of things we do is put clear vinyl wrap on the boat to protect the gel coat. That is probably the biggest factor in getting it sold for more.

Have you driven one? I've had 3 responses cb and ob and 1 lxi and while txi is technically different from lxi calling it "too heavy" would not be how I would describe lxi to lx. Not like it's a 196 or something