Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Landed My First Raley!

wakeboarder3780

Hey guys, just thought i'd share a video of my first raley behind the boat. Technically I didn't get the very first one I landed on video but I was told I was like 3' off the ground and just barely made it. Felt super sketchy the first time.

Going to try some more tonight. Need to focus on getting more ups. It's hard for me because I know I need to have lots of line tension so I tend to come in screaming at the wake which makes me blow through the wake without getting much air. I think I was starting to get the hang of it last night where I didn't need quite that screaming approach and just needed to make sure it was a progressive cut.

If you have a cable park anywhere in your state i recommend learning there first. Then take it to the wake asap. Don't do too many at the park or you'll be super used to how to do them in the park. It's a little different on the boat (the approach is different), but a lot of things are shared. Cable park was a good learning tool for these. Helped me overcome the fear to just commit on the wake.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Thanks guys. I'm not crazy though, they look a little lower than they should right?

A little lower than some, yes. However, the longer/faster the cut, you WILL go bigger, but the falls become quite a bit harder. It's a very timing heavy trick, you want to gain all your speed and extend fully right as you leave the wake. You'll know when you got it just right!

Good work!

You know I think to the average boater and person a Raley is the coolest trick on a wakeboard, you're literally superman.

Looks awesome congrats on getting it. I'd love to try it some day how were the falls you were taking? I just had ACL surgery and will always be a little worried when trying new tricks like this next summer.

Edited by Blindside_137

The pain hasn't been too bad yet but I didn't exactly just decide to go out and start whipping it either. I've thrown them with the wake skate and then learned at the cable park first (I've gotten some crazy acorn slap on those btw, I didn't even crash i just slammed my but down on the water after bringing it back). Right now my abs feel like murder because I've done enough of them that my abs feel ripped apart. I'll be out for a week now ;)