Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

swim platform covers?

Soon2BV

We had a covered slip this weekend at the lake, and the back of the boat stuck out from under.

With the rain and washoff from the dock roof, we got a lot of water and dirt on the back foot or so of the rear deck.

I am wondering if anyone has a swim platform / rear deck cover they have had made? I didn't want to cover the whole boat because it was wet, but something across the back would be nice. I think i would also use this if we get a permanent slip next summer to keep the sun off of the platform and rear of the boat that the cover doesn't cover.

i am actually thinking of a cover that would go up and over about 2+ feet of the rear deck. I could just have it on, or put it on over the top of my Evolution cover when in the lift.

I might have to get my designer pencils out and send Cory a sketch.

I had a cover made locally that went up and over the rear of the boat/platform added to my last Evolution cover. It wouldn't work when towing but did a good job of keeping the sun off while the boat was on the lift. I wanted Cory to use it on my new Evolution cover. He resisted because of the velcro that we would have to use. He doesn't like the lifespan of velcro in the sun. He made me one like mikeyg has up a few posts. It is a great platform cover but the rear of the boat is still uncovered. I'll probably add the local cover to the new Evolution this winter.

Hey Ronnie,

Check with Lonnie at CinchMax on that velcro. He uses some kind of hook n loop that seems to last longer than average.

Soon,

This is a cover I made for almost nothing a few years ago. The Traxx deck pad on my swimstep still looks great.

swimstepcover-1.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I am thinking about trying to put a "flap" on the rear of my cover that has a zipper on it so I can come up with some sort of extnesion that I can zip on and cover the rear and swim platform of my boat while its on the lift. I took about 20 years off my teak this summer... :cry:

Yep, while your cover is there have him make you one. I have a sweet black one that keeps the UV off my teak when we're camping and the boat has to sleep outside. :)

:plus1: Cory w/ Evolution Covers made us one too, works great!