Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

damper plate fail

at 115 hours?

i replaced the oem damper plate last fall w 1195 hours on it.

purchased from reputable online marine supplier who will remain un-named until i hear their response to my whining.

it's rattling again at 1310 hours on the rig. yes, that's lots of hours but is the target life of a damper plate really 100 hours?

while the job isn't overwhelming it's a very long day for an old guy.

is there a heavy duty damper plate for this drive train that will avoid having to spend another 8 hours on my hands and knees next fall?

starting to wonder if the recent thread that asked "why does the damper plate fail" had more merit than i had given it credit for.

i could understand more failures on a surf rig w big horses pulling tons of water.

mine is a ski tractor that doesn't pull any wake: 2004 response w 320hp lcr.

I will be very interested to hear how your whining comes out. I just spent $1280 and lost 6 Weeks of Summer getting mine replaced on the same model engine. Did you replace the OEM plate with the Indmar upgrade?