Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

+1.

I bought my Echelon in the month of December. The prior boat I bought in the month of November. The one before that I bought in September.

We can help you spend money on upgrades all winter long!

I had to sit on 2 boats last winter and it drove me nuts. then in the spring my sunsetter sold at full pop sight unseen. From your past posts you will not be happy with anything less than a Malibu. so after you have checked this one out (hurry up) stop over thinking and jump in with both feet. I bet you could buy this boat now and sell it in the spring for a profit.

it will be a looooong winter

Edited by windy1

Looks like I could go next week to get it schedule wise...

Still a month of riding! Keep aside $400 and get that drysuit and ride till the ice comes.

Hope it checks out for you and is in as good of shape as you've been led to believe.

I bought my last three boats late in the season....my 94 Echelon was last Nov 8th....but if you are like me...you will end up keeping a fleet....can't have too many toys......

Remember this....getting what you WANT, means no regrets and always cost less in the long run...

You will have the off season to work on it and keep busy....maybe you are lucky enough to be able to hoist it and get to her every little nook and cranny and really shine her up like I did....

post-15441-0-06656100-1347466473_thumb.j

Me too man, I'm going to call the dealership right now. Hopefully they can send a bunch more pictures.

Like others have said, hurry on this one. The sooner you can get that deposit to the seller the better. Two boats we were ready to put deposits down that were out of state sold within a day. This boat is priced VERY competitively, even more so considering the condition. I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but odds are he's been contacted about this boat from more people than you. I saw an x9 listed in that same area sell within a day last week.

Don't wait until spring, demand will spike and with that so will the prices.

As far as handling the water, the boat will feel like a juggernaut in the chop at slower speeds compared to your skier. We also have a prostar 190 and they don't even compare. Your turns won't be as tight on the wakesetter though when you turn around to grab a skier, thats one thing I like about our 190 but other than that the VLX handles the water awesome, nice quiet smooth ride. I was blown away with the sheer size of our VLX compared to our 190. The VLX feels so big inside, I love it.

Edited by petefranc

Levi, If it helps you any, we are hoping to go to Sebago lake this weekend. I know you have said you are in that area some times once before. Your welcome to try ours out if you are in the area. Our boat isn't the exact hull, I'm assuming the Wakesetter is on the wake hull? But it may give you an idea of the size, handling, and ride of the boat. Sebago gets rough often and you should be able to experience the rough water ride, It really isn't that good. I've never driven a direct drive and think the V drive handles well, but it may seem like a pig to you?

As soon as I see good detailed pics I'm sending the deposit. I just need to see more than what is in the add to commit... The dealer is supposed to be taking a bunch and sending them to me ASAP.

• Like 2

As soon as I see good detailed pics I'm sending the deposit. I just need to see more than what is in the add to commit... The dealer is supposed to be taking a bunch and sending them to me ASAP.

Awesome, I hope everything works out for you. Post some more pictures for sure if you pick it up!

I had to sit on 2 boats last winter and it drove me nuts. then in the spring my sunsetter sold at full pop sight unseen. From your past posts you will not be happy with anything less than a Malibu. so after you have checked this one out (hurry up) stop over thinking and jump in with both feet. I bet you could buy this boat now and sell it in the spring for a profit.

Same here..... When we got our 08, we put our 01 for sale and sat on it all winter too. In March, I unexpectedly got a call and the boat was sold for $21k..... The dealer though we'd be lucky to get $17k.

it will be a looooong winter

Same here..... when we got our 08, we sat on our 01 all winter. In March I unexpectedly got a call and the boat was sold for $21k, the dealer thought we would be lucky to get $17k

Have you talked to the seller on the phone and let him know of your level of seriousness? Ask him to commit to you at an agreed-apon price so you don't have to worry.

Lastly, you could always put a down payment in escrow to be released upon receipt of satisfactory pictures.

Have you talked to the seller on the phone and let him know of your level of seriousness? Ask him to commit to you at an agreed-apon price so you don't have to worry.

Lastly, you could always put a down payment in escrow to be released upon receipt of satisfactory pictures.

Yes, I told him today as long as the pictures hold up what he has been telling me I'd send him a deposit. He said the one other guy who seemed serious was supposed to drive over and look at it yesterday and didn't show up. So we'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow. If not maybe I will try and work something else out.

In the meantime, I'm trying to talk mainekneeboarder into selling me his. I wanted it when he was trying to sell it before but just wasn't ready to pull the trigger. I can't tell you how much I am NOT looking forward to driving to Nashville and back in 3 days. Maine would be SO much nicer.