Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Ballast '06 Wakesetter LSV

JGerg

We just bought a 2005 LS V. Just seemed to get it dialed in for surfing this past weekend. We fill front ballast full, center ballast full, drivers side rear ballast full, plus the wedge, plus 1100 pound fat sack in rear locker 2/3 full. Lots of folks in this forum say don't use the wedge, however we tried it and it increased the height of the wake 6 inches made a very nice curl.

More weight in back will give you a taller wake. You can change this by driving faster (generally 11.6+ but YMMV).

More weight mid-ship or in front will give you a longer pocket but a shorter height wake.

On our 2010 LSV we run 2500 pounds on the surf side including hard tanks, sacs and solid ballast.

We usually run with the wedge down or max 2 clicks up if there's few people in the boat.

Teaching my 8 year old niece to surf over the weekend, we stowed the wedge to give her a smaller less intimidating wedge. I sometimes surf wedge up if we have plenty of people and I want a big playground for my surf skate.

Try everything possibly combination with the wedge, keep dialing in your ballast and try it again. Wedge acts like more weight in the back, so same principles of wake size and speed apply.