Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Liquid Force Supra Capsized

Soon2BV

Sunday afternoon near Sulphur Creek Marina at DHL a Liquid Force graphic'd Supra took a heavy wave over the bow and ended up being swamped. Several different stories were going around about what happened and how.

This was in an idle zone, just before a really heavy rain / wind started. Luckily they were able right the boat and float it over to shore to bail it out. They were able to get the boat back onto the trailer and get it out of the water.

I think they lost some gear, but none was hurt. I think the boat is from somewhere in Indiana, but not sure.

Anybody have info?

Edited by Soon2BV

If it is the same incident local news reports seem to say the boat was out early in the morning (2-3 AM) and ran aground near Wolf River. Had 5 or 6 passengers with one being killed from the incident. No matter the circumstances it's sad to hear of any fatality. Condolances go out to the family.

If it is the same incident local news reports seem to say the boat was out early in the morning (2-3 AM) and ran aground near Wolf River. Had 5 or 6 passengers with one being killed from the incident. No matter the circumstances it's sad to hear of any fatality. Condolances go out to the family.

No, that accident was last year. The one listed above was 5 PM in the afternoon, near Sulphur Creek.

The one I mentioned was in the Pickett County press on the 23rd. So a little before the holiday. Sounds like seperate incidences.

Shame either way, a boat on a calm lake has no reason to capsize unless a lack of judgement has occurred.

i dont get it. how much water would it take to do that? I had a buddy with an old tige that claimed he took took some rollers over the stern as there were a bunch of people partying on the swim step, andthe boat turned over. I don't under stand that amount of water that would take. with the way people slam boats with ballast, I would think a freak of nature of a wave

I would venture to say the boat was sacked out and dude just isn't saying so for insurance purposes. I know how much weight I run and I know how insane the Columbia River can get (between the Gorge winds, the current, the tide and BIG boat traffic) and I've never taken more than a little bit of water over the bow. No way one rogue wave on a lake put enough water over the bow to capsize a boat. Look at how glassy the lake is in the picture... The guy said so much water came in the boat the engine immediately stalled out..... Again, from one wave?!? I've been on a boat before where the ballast connection came unseated from a 750 bag and the pump ran full bore for +/- 15 minutes straight into the bilge ......and that still wasn't enough to even make the bilge pump run let alone stall the engine (and we had 3 people, gear, and a couple other bags already filled onboard)! I dunno.....sounds fishy..... but thats just one guy's opinion.