Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How's your holiday weekend water?

shawndoggy

Haven't hit the water on Labor Day weekend in probably 16 ish years..... we prefer to get away from water about as far as you can.... But in keeping with the thread here is a picture that includes water....far far away....

post-6-0-79094900-1346812759_thumb.jpg

I have to jump in here and see if any of you guys were out at Castaic on Monday. The Malibus out there were responsible drivers (nice to see). The Bayliners, Yamahas, even a few X-star's and of course, the USS Tubofguts...not so much dude. My buddy who we got up surfing for the first time, first time on the water actually, watched an x-star with a Vegas wrap drive by and perfectly on que he said "that must be the guido boat" lol.

We have been in St. John's, Newfoundland visiting the wife's family since about 12:30am on the 1st. Water is clean, clear, and COLD! I doubt there is a single wake boat in the province.

Did get to go quading at the family cabin on Sunday.

It is a pitty the water is only 9'C

Selling boat said to see it go but being replaced with a new 2012 VTX in Oct.

Where's the water, looks great but as you say, very cold. Edited by Timmo

IMG_6974.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

Looks a lot like Kootney Lake, mountains look a little small though. Too big to be Slocan. My parents have a beach front house on Kootney lake, I'm going there in Early October for some big Rainbows.

water here was pretty rough, did manage to get about 15hrs surfing in over the 4 days. Although no where near glass, but doesnt need to be to surf. Midday there where 1-2ft rollers from 20mph winds, kinda nasty. This is what I had to deal with.

And yes, I am sure the first thing that caught your eyes was the white G3 tower down on the end where the sandy shore turns rocky. New 2012 VLX pulled up on the ROCKs!!! Asked the guy (who borrowed it from his buddy who owns it but was at work) what the hell he was doing pulling it up on the rocks and said that he did it because he didnt have and anchor. Nice!

7932046202_b507e500ee_b.jpg

Yikes, I must be getting old, that just does not look like fun... a bunch of folks sitting around doing nothing... and I am sure all of them are using the porta poty! I will take Pennery or Shauns lake any day over something like this.... the last thing I want is my kids to be around people boozing it all day. Although back when I was 20, this might have been a good thing :) amazing how your priorities change when you have kids....

• Like 3

Yikes, I must be getting old, that just does not look like fun... a bunch of folks sitting around doing nothing... and I am sure all of them are using the porta poty! I will take Pennery or Shauns lake any day over something like this.... the last thing I want is my kids to be around people boozing it all day. Although back when I was 20, this might have been a good thing :) amazing how your priorities change when you have kids....

Plus about a million.

• Like 2

Looks a lot like Kootney Lake, mountains look a little small though. Too big to be Slocan. My parents have a beach front house on Kootney lake, I'm going there in Early October for some big Rainbows.

There is an unreal cove on Kootenay that we go cliff jumping at and the water is always unreal...

Normally around 70-72 water temp but this year was between 75-78. We are here every year usually a few times per season but this year we spent about a week and a half... Still have never made it down to Christina though...

Let me know if you ever make it this way.

Do they want to rent it to me for two weeks next summer? :whistle:

Did not mean it that way...it freaking perfect! You have some of the best lakes up that way! Glad you had a great holiday Shawn!

Well I didn't take any pictures on Saturday because it was like the ocean. 2' rollers and whitecapping. But when it's good....

Normally around 70-72 water temp but this year was between 75-78. We are here every year usually a few times per season but this year we spent about a week and a half... Still have never made it down to Christina though...

Ding ding ding..... I think I have it figured out. Arrow Lakes??