Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How's your holiday weekend water?

shawndoggy

I'll post pics sometime this week but we had pretty damn good water on the Columbia/Entiat. Got busy Saturday, dealt with some winds the first two days, but Sunday and Monday were fantastic, even with pretty heavy boat traffic.

I'm going to shoot a video of the ramp at pyramid tomorrow. The 500 yards around the ramp is seriously wally nirvana. Today as we are pulling in there were four jet skis and a jet boat all doing donuts around a kayak. Right in front of the sheriff's boat. There's no "no wake" zone, apparently because the pyramid paiute tribe doesn't believe in them? But get 10 minutes from the ramp and it's deserted. The lake is 95% as big as tahoe (natural terminus for lake tahoe) and today there were no more than 80 boats on the whole lake.

Actually what comes in under a wally? This is more cletus territory than wally. I always imagine wally as being clueless, but at least having all his teeth. Cletus is definitely missing a few.

LOL, wally or cletus, just people in general... we also visit a lake without a 5 mph wake zone, and the same exact thing happens... this is anothe reason we stay out late on the water, everyone is gone by the time we come in to the dock.. We miss the 4-5pm rush hour....

Glad you had a great day with your family out there... wow, the season is starting to come to an end... actually for the first time I am getting a little bit tired, only 104 hours this season on the boat, last year I was at 142.... we might do quite a bit of lounging at Tulloch and actually relax! It seems like we are always going non-stop, which is great but definitely starts to wear you down...

You win!!!

Is this what you mean by "Living Right" ? This lake is about 230 KM long and I didn't see another boat the whole day we were out.. The boat is anchored here with my new Box Anchor (Love it) and we did a 5 min hike to the falls...

IMG_6986.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg

IMG_7013.jpg

Is this what you mean by "Living Right" ? This lake is about 230 KM long and I didn't see another boat the whole day we were out.. The boat is anchored here with my new Box Anchor (Love it) and we did a 5 min hike to the falls...

IMG_6986.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg

IMG_7013.jpg

Ok, you moved into the Number One slot followed by a large gap, then shawndoggy and Fman closing on his heals.

water here was pretty rough, did manage to get about 15hrs surfing in over the 4 days. Although no where near glass, but doesnt need to be to surf. Midday there where 1-2ft rollers from 20mph winds, kinda nasty. This is what I had to deal with.

And yes, I am sure the first thing that caught your eyes was the white G3 tower down on the end where the sandy shore turns rocky. New 2012 VLX pulled up on the ROCKs!!! Asked the guy (who borrowed it from his buddy who owns it but was at work) what the hell he was doing pulling it up on the rocks and said that he did it because he didnt have and anchor. Nice!

7932046202_b507e500ee_b.jpg

Is it fairly cold? If so i have an idea where it is :)

Normally around 70-72 water temp but this year was between 75-78. We are here every year usually a few times per season but this year we spent about a week and a half... Still have never made it down to Christina though...

Water looked great as we were driving by....

23 hours in the truck to go to an important funeral in lower Michigan. By the time we got back to the cottage at 2:30am Saturday we were so fried we just sat around all day after we had our first decent sleep in a week. Sunday and Monday we were home but too sore/wiped/drained to get much done. Was definitely hot and calm enough, but not really in the mood to make the effort. Hopefully one or two more decent weekends yet to come to get the kids on the water.

You guys have some amazing spots. We need to road trip more often as a family with the boat. Life's too short.

If I told you I would have to kill you!!!!

Alright then.... I guess I will have to sit just outside Okotoks and wait for that boat in the picture to come by, I will then just follow you :biggrin:

Those pictures look amazing!!!

water here was pretty rough, did manage to get about 15hrs surfing in over the 4 days. Although no where near glass, but doesnt need to be to surf. Midday there where 1-2ft rollers from 20mph winds, kinda nasty. This is what I had to deal with.

And yes, I am sure the first thing that caught your eyes was the white G3 tower down on the end where the sandy shore turns rocky. New 2012 VLX pulled up on the ROCKs!!! Asked the guy (who borrowed it from his buddy who owns it but was at work) what the hell he was doing pulling it up on the rocks and said that he did it because he didnt have and anchor. Nice!

7932046202_b507e500ee_b.jpg

There's some good ballest material in that picture.

I know where you were!!!! :whistle: Was Auntie Mabel with you there?

Nope... Wrong Lake...

Alright then.... I guess I will have to sit just outside Okotoks and wait for that boat in the picture to come by, I will then just follow you :biggrin:

Those pictures look amazing!!!

Bring your boat Brian... Mine is now gone to Sask, so you may be waiting a while... :biggrin:

Normally around 70-72 water temp but this year was between 75-78. We are here every year usually a few times per season but this year we spent about a week and a half... Still have never made it down to Christina though...

I'm going Upper Arrow Lake.

Man, I gotta do a trip up to BC one of these days. Finding good water that's 70+ degrees in Washington can be pretty challenging.

It can be challenging in BC in certain spots (Okanagan/Shuswap) as well but if you plan on coming up let me know and I can point you in a few directions... We have family and friends in the Kooteneys and have been going there for quite a few years now. There are several lakes that we have access to in that area and always seem to find some great water. We do a lot of driving to find great water but well worth it in my opinion...

It can be challenging in BC in certain spots (Okanagan/Shuswap) as well but if you plan on coming up let me know and I can point you in a few directions... We have family and friends in the Kooteneys and have been going there for quite a few years now. There are several lakes that we have access to in that area and always seem to find some great water. We do a lot of driving to find great water but well worth it in my opinion...

That cant be Koocausa! I haven't seen it that calm. Looks like Whatshan, above the Arrow Lakes, but they aren't that long.

That cant be Koocausa! I haven't seen it that calm. Looks like Whatshan, above the Arrow Lakes, but they aren't that long.

Never been to Koocanusa. Whatshan is one of my Favorites as well.. Warmer than Arrow and usually just as glassy....

On Smith Lake here in Alabama. We had a fairly nice weekend. Had some tropical showers off of the Hurricane, but it kept alot of people off the water. We had some good breaks in between rain and the water was fairly smooth. All in all not a bad weekend.

IMG_20120810_153328.jpg