Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How's your holiday weekend water?

shawndoggy

Just got back from some skiing on glass. Only saw one other boat out, also skiing, wile we were out. There were quite a few boats lining up to put in as we were leaving though.

A very fun morning.

Shasta lake was smokey and in the afternoon a ton of boats were out. Water is vacating that lake and not much replenishment happening. Antlers boat launch is about 140' down from earlier this year when that lake was full and they said they were pulling the docks from there today :( . Still had a good time with friends camping and boating (except for the "wildfire smokers" coughs we all had). We've a few more times back there just have to travel farther south to launch. Temps were near 100 sunday and lows in the low 50's.

Boat babe Carol and I had a great time at the lake today too ! Supposed volatile weather but we went anyway. Pushing 90, humid, just enough clouds, and almost no one else at the lake ! One of the best day's this summer.

Steve B.

All around fun weekend for us! First time this happened...shallow water alarm sound and noticed I was in 1.5 foot of water...scared the you know what out of me. Killed the engine and felt one of the fins hit. Nothing messed up. Jumped out and pulled it back to deeper water. It amazes me how well they float in very little water. Overall great time with family and friends!

Edited by srintx

Sniped this picture a couple hours ago. :Doh: Besides that it was a great weekend on the water.

photo.jpg

Toob-Star. First time riding and surfing behind a 2009 X-Star Friday. Wakeboard wake was massive, lots of pop and very fun. Surf wake wasn't as good as my VTX's but still fun

Edited by skurfer

DHL was a little choppy, but from the wind, not boats. Most people went out and anchored and swam, if they were there at all.

We got in a few good runs Sunday AM and again just before a downpour about 6 PM. Not ideal, but maybe one of the last weekends at the lake so we made the best of it.

I broke all my rules and went out on the water today about 2:00 and braved the crowds....because I was promised that Jake Owen would be riding in my boat. He is in town for a concert tonight and he tweeted that he wanted to go boarding. My buddy invited him (on my boat) and he accepted...but was a no show :( We waited out there for 2 hours and were bummed that he didn't come, but it was 2 hours of hanging out on the water so I can't complain too much. My buddy met him at the concert and asked why he didn't go. He said that some people told him the river was too shallow to wakeboard in...WTF

Below is the tweet.

• Like 1

I broke all my rules and went out on the water today about 2:00 and braved the crowds....because I was promised that Jake Owen would be riding in my boat. He is in town for a concert tonight and he tweeted that he wanted to go boarding. My buddy invited him (on my boat) and he accepted...but was a no show :( We waited out there for 2 hours and were bummed that he didn't come, but it was 2 hours of hanging out on the water so I can't complain too much. My buddy met him at the concert and asked why he didn't go. He said that some people told him the river was too shallow to wakeboard in...WTF

Below is the tweet.

I know the people who told him that, We were trying to get him to head up north to wilsonville, I got a call around 11:30 but they did not want to leave Salem, Then I heard they said the water sucked in salem...Ok It does suck in salem...LOL Oh So Close!!!

I was standing at the public access yesterday in about a foot of water and it's concrete and out of the blue slipped, 80% of the brunt of the blow to the forearm and rest to the hip. Glad nothing is broken. Darn moss. Going too fast boarding and of course did a face plant ... so in addition to my back hurting 24/7 I now have a pinched nerve in my back. Still sore. Last evening I see signs of pink eye.

Otherwise no one on the lake, glass and hot.

Below is the tweet.

totally saw that this weekend! I was so jealous of them, (you apparently!) but that's a bummer he didn't show up! thought you were just some random liars and he got sketched out. that's a total bummer

Below the sandbar it is wallyville above the sandbar (river section) too narrow for most tubbers. Mostly just boarders and skiers, does get croweded though.

Some Idiot in a 30' cabin cruser driving it like it was a jet ski! inthe river section. What a jerk. Doing donuts and sending rollers all over the place.

Did I mention that Mountain Island Lake is extramly small lake?

What does a high alkaline lake feel like? Does it stain/etch the boat lol? I flew over that area last year, pretty different looking water

It's not that high (4k'). Yeah it waterspots like nothing else. Wiping down right off the ramp is a must.

The water definitely has a mineral feel to it. A little more slimy than some other local choices, but the water is pretty clear and clean, just higher mineral content. Tastes weird too.

It's sorta on the way to burning man, so we saw plenty of burners this weekend heading home. Unmistakably covered in playa dust.

Edited by shawndoggy

I know the people who told him that, We were trying to get him to head up north to wilsonville, I got a call around 11:30 but they did not want to leave Salem, Then I heard they said the water sucked in salem...Ok It does suck in salem...LOL Oh So Close!!!

Was it your crew who told him not to ride in Salem? :fingerwag: It wasn't very good water south of the bridges (way too many boats), but north of the bridges there wasn't anyone riding...but that's an even shorter stretch of water.

totally saw that this weekend! I was so jealous of them, (you apparently!) but that's a bummer he didn't show up! thought you were just some random liars and he got sketched out. that's a total bummer

That's funny! I would have loved to get a picture of him out on the water with us!