Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sound system input

petefranc

Looking for some quick input on an average sound system. I plan on ordering everything by tomorrow. It will be for an '02 Wakesetter VLX with the titan tower. The boat currently only has the four stock infinity speakers inside the boat.

I need a

head unit

tower speakers

amp

Not looking to get a sub.

I found these in stock on other sites, does anyone have any experience with this setup? The built in mic alone almost has me sold.

http://www.crutchfie...nity-6100M.html

Thanks!

Edited by petefranc

I would emphasise the sub, it fills the bottom end and really carries well in a boat.

We have had great success with Rockford Fosgate M262s powered by the Rockford Fosgate P500, a couple amps and 8 speakers would rock the boat. Be sure you have a second battery . We like the sony MU60I head unit, it has the USB that connects with your Iphone and turns into the Playlist controller.

Rockford produced great medium end marine gear, if you go big JL or wetsound really kick it up but also really kick up the price on the speakers and the amps needed to get busy.

regardless of your final configuration, you can add an amp and sub to any system.

Be sure to use triple shield RCAs or you might be fighting static or cross talk.

Power and ground cable to the amps is also an area that is best with larger cable is better.

I went with the M262s also great for the price (put mine on a amp). When it comes to a head unit make sure it has bluetooth it is a must that way you can play music from your phone or a friends and keep it in the clove box or what ever. As far as tower speaker I say for the money the kicker are a great pick. http://www.kicker.com/km65002 For the money they are great. Also keep in mind if you want to add a remote to the back of the boat looks like you have one up front from the picks so make sure the new head unit can use a remote. Another thing I add to save a marriage was a boost box. http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_60&products_id=926 It priceless no more turning the radio up and down when stopping and going let it do the work for you. As far as head unit I did the M502 clarion if I could go back it would be the M309 or maybe a Alpine. Good Luck