Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear compartment stupidity!

Raeden

So this morning I did something really stupid. My wife will not let it go either. The boat is always in the garage. Last night I opened the rear lids to dry the compartment out. This morning I pulled the boat out of the garage....with the lids up!!! I bent the hinges and made small rips in the vinyl. It also seems as though the wood frame might be broken. This was not the start to the day I wanted!!!!! Errrrrr. :-( I just created some unwanted and unneeded repairs.

Aw..... Just so you know... You're not the only one here who has done that. Mine was backing in....with someone back there watching me do it!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lol! This is the best thread yet. I took out the awning arm on our camper and the edge of our block wall trying to back it in the backyard a few years ago. Don't sweat it, life goes on.

• Like 1

Backed into the basketball goal less than two weeks after fixing the van from my father in law backing into the basket ball goal.

Life goes on.

Im sure this list will too.

• Like 3

My wife back into a parked car, parked directly behind her. Then in a haste to get out and check damage she put the car in drive, not park. She realized her mistake only after she got out and the car then drove itself into the side of the house. 2 accidents within a minute, 12 feet apart.

We dragged the portable basketball hoop down the road hooked into the tower racks. Got to love the horsepower of the Denali, didn't even know it was there....

now that's funny.

no damage?

backed into the garage w the ski locker lid open.

no problem until it hit the bikes hanging upside down from the garage ceiling!

ripped dog house and lost a couple of brackets on the lid.

still bummed and that was 8 years ago.

I was about 6 inches from hitting the garage when backing the boat into it and never folded the tower down. Something didn't feel right so I slammed on the brakes. Another 6 inches and I would have been crying to this day.

Edited by Nick in the TC

When I build my dream house, I am going to have 12 foot wide garage doors, and a huge turntable in the garage ( just like the railroads/locomotives use) so I can pull the boat in, disconnect and the turntable will rotate the boat 180 dgrees...so no backing in all the time....cause thats where 90% of the accidents occur....backing into tight spaces... and a garage deep enough I don't need a swing away tongue...and tall enough I don't have to drop the tower....cause nothing is too good for my little bayliner

You guys are great! Thanks for making me feel better. My wife still says I cannot criticise her for anything she does from now on. I don't know if I agree with that!

You guys are great! Thanks for making me feel better. My wife still says I cannot criticise her for anything she does from now on. I don't know if I agree with that!

Far more fun to laugh about the stupid stuff we do than to keep score. :cheers:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, have been there myself.

That is why I always pull out of the garage really slow. Pulled out one time with one hatch up left from drying, hit a sheetrocked HVAC vent dropped from the garage ceiling and cracked the drywall corner out and put a small tear in the vinyl, fortunately stopped in time before any major damage. Another time, pushed the remote for the opener and went about getting the boat ready, for what ever reason the garage door decided to stop before it was all of the way open. The door was almost all of the way open, but not quite, it stopped short. Pulling the boat out, the tower tow ball hit the lower ledge of the bottom section of garage door and bent it out. Ended up fixing it with sluggo and some angle iron sections on the ends by the rollers to re-introduce some stiffness to the door.

In both instances, the damage was wayyy less than could have been because of creeping out of the garage very slowly.

Edited by MalibuTime

Just this last ski season the wife was excited to go skiing. Threw the skis in the box and backed out of the garage without closing the box.. The ski box is a rear opening Packasport. Ripped the ski box in half and caused the ski racks to dent the roof of the less than month old new car! The dumb things we do in life do hurt the pride a little, but all in all pretty small on the scale of things to worry about in life.

My air compressor broke one day and my offroad jeep has an onboard air compressor that I can use for air tools. I normally leave the jeep in neutral, reach in and push the clutch with my hand and start the jeep. Well, this time it was in gear and as soon as I let the clutch out it took off and crashed into my tool boxes and partially thru the garage wall.

I live next to an empty lot with about a 3 foot dropoff between that lot and the next one over. It makes for a perfect ramp for pulling ATV's into the back of the truck. I back the truck up to the nearly 3 feet tall steep hill and put the tailgate down. Perfect. The tailgate is only about 6 inches above the level of the next lot and I can drive right into the back of the truck. As I approach the tailgate with the ATV, the front tires bump into the tailgate, so I give it a little gas. Much to my surprise, instead of going up and over the tailgate, the front tires of the ATV slam the tailgate shut and I run the 4-wheeler into the tailgate, putting nice dents in my brand new truck. After I got done swearing, I was even more relieved to find out that no one saw.

Before I had the 'Garage Mahal' I forgot to lower the tower once...I had a nice small dent in the house. Then a genius stucco guy told me he could fix it and it would match perfectly. Now instead of an almost imperceptible dent, I have a 1 foot square of stucco that is a different color from the rest of the house.

Sorry about the non-Malibu picture, but you can see the stucco mark just under and left of the sattelite dish. And this is my beautiful Tundra with the dented up tailgate. Oh yeah, to repair that tailgate is about 1,000 bones.

IMG_9834.jpg