Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wizard Lake Marine Service is nonexistant

malibumeg

I have to admit Wizard Lake Marine are great sales guys!!! They will tell you anything you want to hear just to sell a boat. We bought a 2012 LSV 247 in July 2012 had it serviced after the 10 hrs at Wizard Lake and headed out to the Shuswap. Put .1 of an hour on our boat and the V-drive ceased due to water in the V-drive. Luckily we had a cell phone and called Wizard we were put on hold for about 45 min and were told that they really couldn't help us and refused to give us an after hours number let alone talk to any of the owners. We were left stranded in the Lake and had to get towed in by our neighbors. I found a malibu dealer in Kelowna (on my own) and they were more than helpful. They replaced the V-drive the next day but it cost us an extra $6200.00 on a boat that we paid $115,000.00 new. We are still waiting to see if Malibu will step up and warranty this but we have yet to hear from Wizard Lake (it has been a month) as far as they are concerned we are still stranded at the lake. We have been boating for over 30 years and have had 4 new boats - never have we been treated so poorly as Wizard Lake has demonstrated...what service?????? Buyer beware they may be voted top sales but as far as service goes it is nonexistant. Hope you guys (Ron, Gord & family) had a great holiday because ours sucked - thanks to your caring and compasionate business ethics!!!

PS I wish we would have done our homework a little more - we have talked to numerous people since our breakdown who have boughten boats from Wizard and I have yet to hear anything positive. Unfortunately they all have simular stories about Wizard Lake Marine :(

On the positive side - we love the boat but that dealership is something else!!!!

This thread is why I think any new members have to be a member for at least 30 days before they can post or even start a thread.

Lets call it Megan's (really fitting) law where, in California, you cannot buy a handgun and walk out of the store that very day with it just so you can go settle some hash with someone.

Meg,

I bet you don't last one week on this site. Here's why...

You join, today, at 7:30 am

First post at 8:02 am bashing Wizard lake marine, which I have absolutely no relationship with.

Second post at 4:44 pm where you cut and paste the exact same post.

Third post, where you feel you need to start an entirely new thread, at 4:51 just to cut and paste the exact same thing.

Why don't you take a long walk off a short dock!

• Like 2

That is a bad deal story..... you don't see Wizard Lake flamed here very often as we all typically have very good service. I bought my boat from the states and they still treat me very well. Alot of the boat ownership experience has to do with relationship, they saved me a couple of times. What is your plan to work it through with Wizard and Malibu... waiting for a month won't get things to resolution.

I am confused why you had to pay out of pocket for warranty service at the Malibu dealer in Kelowna (I am assuming you are referring to Malibu marine). Either way you should be reimbursed.

Hopefully you can get this issue back on track and start enjoying the boat again.

Like Pistol Pete said.... trolling here won't do you much good as there are guys here that have a solid in at Wizard that could even help you. If you want to spin around to something constructive there are guys here that can help.

Edited by G-Mack

If I spent $115,000 on a new boat and didn't get, not just good, but superior service, I'd be frustrated also and would have a really hard time being constructive. Put yourself in Meg's shoes and cut them some slack. Don't mean to start a fight here Pete, but if it's true that you don't even have a boat, then you cannot possibly understand Meg's frustration. If the dealer isn't being responsive to them, why not be allowed to vent?

I agree with cutting some slack but there was only flaming going on not just venting. If there were questions of .... how would you deal with this, who should I contact at Malibu, is this typical, what should I know, any one else have a V-drive fail like this .....this would give us something to work with.

If your story is true, it certainly is understandable to be upset over a failed VDrive, but why would you pay $6200 for a next day VDrive replacement before settling the warranty issue with Malibu? Did Malibu get a chance to respond before the VDrive got swapped? Is it reasonable to expect "roadside" service in the middle of a lake?

Edited by Bozboat

If your story is true, it certainly is understandable to be upset over a failed VDrive, but why would you pay $6200 for a next day VDrive replacement before settling the warranty issue with Malibu? Did Malibu get a chance to respond before the VDrive got swapped? Is it reasonable to expect "roadside" service in the middle of a lake?

I'm guessing because they live in canada. Season will be over before too long...

$6200 CAD = $ 6346 US :whistle: ... but we typically pay 10-30% more for the same products (MSRP).. different topic though.... I can agree with the season comment... we have 2 good months and about a 4 month season without breaking out the dry suits. When we have a break down in the good months... we panic... well I panic. I think his example was a failure during a vacation... where we would all panic...

Brings me back to the original post... when I have had a break down in the summer months I have never been more than 2-3 days out of service with Wizard Lake even after a long weekend.

I live in Alberta and have never dealt with Wizard lake marine because I heard that they sell you the boat and then hit delete on all your information, and then enter it again when your ready for your next boat. Part of the problem might be that they are miles from civilization. I have had excellent service from the Kelowna dealer.

I would try Malibu direct if you paid $115k for one of their boats and your unhappy about how things went, I am sure they could get some results, it is not a great story to be floating around!

Sorry for your bad luck, I have had a Malibu of some sort for close to 15 years and have only been towed in once, when my pick up on the bottom of the distributor died, part was around $100 I think, replaced it and ran like a dream again, Knock on wood, lol!

We have had a similar experience actually but I have been holding off posting it because we are still waiting to hear back from Wizard. Hoping they can resolve the issue but like others have said, we've had nothing but a bad experience with them.

We have had a similar experience actually but I have been holding off posting it because we are still waiting to hear back from Wizard. Hoping they can resolve the issue but like others have said, we've had nothing but a bad experience with them.

It is not a bad thing to share bad experiences so we can learn from them.. I am always interested in a scenario like this where one group has good experience and one group have bad.. There has to be a root cause to those who had a bad time that is not impacting those with good experience.. I don't know if it expectations, communication, personality, factors outside each others control, or just bad luck or on the flip side just good luck.

• Like 1

Too bad about the breakdown malibumeg. Not a good way to start a holiday or start enjoying that new 247. Just a little confused why you had to pay out of pocket for repairs under warranty at a Malibu dealer. Warranty should be honored at any Malibu dealer. I have had service done at Wizard Lake Marine for the past 4 years and am very pleased. Just last year we went on holidays out of province and when we got to our destination, I had a broken drivers windshield. (Rock from road?) I phoned Wizard Lake, they had one in stock, they packaged it up, and our daughters brought it out next day when they joined us on holidays. I hope in your case, that it was all a miscommunication or something like that because it doesn't seem like Wizard at all. Hope this gets resolved and you can get back on track with Wizard Lake. Northern

It is not a bad thing to share bad experiences so we can learn from them.. I am always interested in a scenario like this where one group has good experience and one group have bad.. There has to be a root cause to those who had a bad time that is not impacting those with good experience.. I don't know if it expectations, communication, personality, factors outside each others control, or just bad luck or on the flip side just good luck.

Like i said i am going to wait to hear from them first.

Gee Wizz,

We haven't heard anything from this non-existent Meg.

She must have gone back under that bridge that trolls live or back to some other boating website where all her friends are getting a great laugh about this bogus scenario.

So Meg, how's about you answer some of the questions on the thread you started?

This thread is why I think any new members have to be a member for at least 30 days before they can post or even start a thread.

Lets call it Megan's (really fitting) law where, in California, you cannot buy a handgun and walk out of the store that very day with it just so you can go settle some hash with someone.

Meg,

I bet you don't last one week on this site. Here's why...

You join, today, at 7:30 am

First post at 8:02 am bashing Wizard lake marine, which I have absolutely no relationship with.

Second post at 4:44 pm where you cut and paste the exact same post.

Third post, where you feel you need to start an entirely new thread, at 4:51 just to cut and paste the exact same thing.

Why don't you take a long walk off a short dock!

Well said Pete!

Gee Wizz,

We haven't heard anything from this non-existent Meg.

She must have gone back under that bridge that trolls live or back to some other boating website where all her friends are getting a great laugh about this bogus scenario.

So Meg, how's about you answer some of the questions on the thread you started?

Well after her (his?) wonderful post I cant see this person getting good service at any Malibu dealer now. This is not the way to resolve issues Meg, very very poor form.

Yes I have had challenges with my boat but I work with these guys. Treat them with respect and you will get the same back. Heck you have to understand you are not the only person that has boat problems. Yes your problems suck, no doubt about that. The Quitsberg family will do the best they can to help you out but I am not sure how eager they will be now...

Edited by old skool malibu
  • 2 years later...

Pistol Pete...nobody likes a hater!! Not that I need to justify my no-response but I honestly forgot that I posted on this forum. I was recently asked to update my comments and I promised that I would. After serveral emails with Malibu we were finally reimbursed monies for the V-drive (still not sure why we had to pay out of pocket before a new V-drive could be installed) Wizard Lake did step up and do the right thing but it took sometime. Since then we have dealt with them and things have gone much smoother. As for the water in the V-drive, it still remains a mystery, we took the boat to Wizard Lake Marina for the 10 hr service, picked it up a few days later and went to the lake. We put the boat into the water and didn't even make it out of our bay (ran for 5 min).

This was a very frustratiing experience for us - for those of you that don't seem to understand I really hope you never have to go thru an experience like this to understand.