Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 vlx starboard surf wake

Ifinallygota21v

we surfed on our new vlx yesterday for the first time (port rear, center, and front full and max wedge, 8.4mph) three people in the boat. port side surfed great, wave was nice shape. we switched over to starboard side and it was just washed out any ideas? i assume because the prop rotation has a lot to do with it

Yes you are right. Prop rotation has a lot to do with it. But with the starboard side to clean it up you will need to add weight. Lots of guys on here run a 750 pound fat sac in the locker or even a 1100 pound sac. Lots of different configurations. If you do a search you will find lots of different options.

Edited by CL-Rides

More list will do it.

We have 1100 rear locker + 370 tube sac under seats + 400 lbs of lead surf side nose + MLS ( surf side full + front full + center full) wedge all the way down

if we have more than 4 people we don't pump up the tube sacs, and if we have someone in the bow we might drain the front a bit.

If you are still getting wash you can only fill center and front to 50%.

We tried going 10mph and 'twas way to fast. We found that 8.4 was the best. We will try more people next time on. The starboard side. I really don't want to add more ballast and just roll stock. Im don't losing storage space for ballast.

Your never really going to get a good wave running just stock ballast. At minimum throw some fatsacs in the rear containers. You only lose the storage of the side you are surfing. We switch gear over to the other side when we switch ballast.

Your never really going to get a good wave running just stock ballast. At minimum throw some fatsacs in the rear containers. You only lose the storage of the side you are surfing. We switch gear over to the other side when we switch ballast.

I agree. My friend has a 2011 VLX and I have a 2012 VLX. To really get some great surfing with more distance to ride back and forth on the wave (instead of just standing in one spot) - gotta at least throw a 750 sac in the surf side in addition to your stock + wedge. I bought two pumps, a 750, and a 400 sac in case we only have 3 people on board. Would be great to have a boat with all factory ballast that's big enough for surfing - but it doesn't exist. I just traded in my '03 B52 and even with 900 lbs factory on one side - I still needed the 750 in the locker to reach its full potential. If you don't use the sac - u won't know what u are missing.

We ride with the 750 in the port side at 10-10.8 mph. Too much washing out any slower-too hard to keep up with the boat any faster. In my experience/opinion.