Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Quiet boat?

aquaman

I have a 2007lsv. I wanted to know if the downward facing exhaust tips decrease the amount of tone when pulling a rider? I rode behind a rz4 today and it was wicked quiet.

turn down tips will help, but when you are on plane, the tips aren't underwater. it will deflect the noise down, but they aren't underwater like the fresh air exhaust would be.

what motor do you have? my Monsoon with the cats and muffler is very quiet WITHOUT turn down tips.

have the STS tips and they definetly quiet it down for folks inside the boat. the are expensive though...$450 /pr

And yes they make a huge difference...have had the straight thru and the STS tips....you'll save money since you'll need a smaller amp to drive the speakers.

Edited by jkendallmsce

We have a 2007 VTX monsoon with Acme 537 and STE tips. When we first got our 2008 WS 23 LSV with HH, it had the Acme 1235 without tips. We definitely noticed how much louder the LSV was. In particular, we were bothered by how we had to yell to carry on conversations even in the boat. We changed the prop to 537 and it helped somewhat as the rpms for the same activity dropped maybe 10%. However, it was still quite loud. We installed the STE tips and now the loudness is the same. I do not know whether the tips are quieter due to the turndown or the muffler part of them, but they definitely reduce the noise level.

• Like 1

The Silent Tip Exhaust tips help A LOT with the noise in the boat, as well as behind the boat when you're riding. I have STE on my 2010 VTX w/ Monsoon, and drove and rode behind a 2012 VLX w/ Monsoon earlier this year, and couldn't believe the difference..... STE helps big time.