Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wiring in 3 way switches for Jabscos

mnhays

I have been having some problems with how to wire in my pumps for my automated ballast system on our VLX. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to the electrical side currently, but I figured out how to wire the three way switch by using a voltage meter and so I got that part done, but then I ran into a problem with my circuit breaker box, I don't have any open terminals, so how am I supposed to go about tying into it, or do I have to put in more? do you guys just tie them in together or what? Like I said I'm lost with how you guys tie in your pumps to get power, any help and pictures are appreciated. :cry:

Hi

The lowest cost option and probably the easiest to install is an inline fuse. You could wire the fuse in any location you want, next to the pump or right where you are taking the power from. If you google "in-line fuse" and look at the image results you will see what I am talking about. This is what I used for my ballast install. Cheap & easy. Make sure you get the correct fuse rating if you go down this path. And put a spare fuse in your emergency kit.

Regards

Ade

• 2 weeks later...

I added a Blue Sea fuse block when I installed the reversible pumps.

http://m.westmarine....051bT01MDU1NA==

I did one of those too. Then adding more crap became an addiction, and I wished that I had done the 12 outlet version instead of the 6. I think it is the cleanest and best option. Also allows you to add anything later from tower lights, heater, surf ballast, LED lights, and on and on.