Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water-Soluble Boot Joy Juice

malibuparadise

Regarding use of a boot lubricant, has anyone tried a water-soluble astro-glide for your bindings?

I must admit, my hand has been quite slippery when I tested it ...lol.... Seems to wash off fast, so shouldn't matter to the binding?

I can ask my wife for a link...NOT!!!!.....

I just use barbasol shaving cream. It's works perfect! Foamy lube getting it on and washes completely off in seconds. It's also super cheap. I never understood how there is a market for selling high priced boot lube. It must be that no one knows about using shaving cream. Try it once and you'll never go back. My $.98 can lasts all season for everyone on my boat.

• Like 2

Thanks for the nice tip. I was joking around a little last night, but seriously, using a water-soluble lube might work well. I just need to get the new bu in the water to try.

May be time for new bindings. None of the new ones should need any lube. I haven't lubed up bindings in years...but with my old Liquid Force Ultra Suctions, I used an aloe gel.

Regarding use of a boot lubricant, has anyone tried a water-soluble astro-glide for your bindings?

I must admit, my hand has been quite slippery when I tested it ...lol.... Seems to wash off fast, so shouldn't matter to the binding?

I can ask my wife for a link...NOT!!!!.....

agreed; works great but don't let that can get lost in the boat interior; it will end up a rust bomb.

• 2 weeks later...

May be time for new bindings. None of the new ones should need any lube. I haven't lubed up bindings in years...but with my old Liquid Force Ultra Suctions, I used an aloe gel.

:plus1:

I haven't used binding lube since my hyperlite highbacks from 03.

I'm sure there are still plenty of newer bindings that need lube. Mine are '07 Gator Saints:

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_detail&p=56360

Mine have a lot less of the gold than pictured, so they look much better. I love the bindings; great support, the foot bed is comfy, and they are built very well. But they are tough to get in/out of. No way I'm blowing cash on newer bindings when these work perfectly fine once they are on.