Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dark side (wakeboard) help needed

martho

For those who have been around the site for many years, you know that I ski/foot only. However, now that the kiddos are getting older, they want to learn other disciplines. We have been kneeboarding like fools this summer and the 17mph laps around the lake have been plentiful.

I have been reading about board size and bindings for kids. I have a 65lbs 50" tall boy who wants to start wakeboarding. I have been reading the posts about 120" boards being a good place to start.

I have access to a LF 124 for little money and it's local. Is this board too big/small?

Looking for some info on a new area - Sure wish Aneal000 was still around - I think he is the only person other than Edwin who have ever seen me in a wakeboard....

Thanks!

124should be fine. For beginners the ONLY downside of a large board that I've identified is being able to flip it over in the water (roll onto back). Otherwise a big board is more stable and easier to ride.

• Like 2

124should be fine. For beginners the ONLY downside of a large board that I've identified is being able to flip it over in the water (roll onto back). Otherwise a big board is more stable and easier to ride.

+1

It builds leg muscle