Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Muffler leaking water/Proper muffler position

Speed Racer 27

The LSV has been taking on a little too much water lately so did some investigation last night and found the gasket for the impeller had been pinched when the dealer changed it last year and one of the bolts was left loose or backed out. Put a new gasket on and everything sealed right up on the impeller housing but immediately noticed a steady drip coming from the muffler. It appears to me that it is almost resting on the raw water pump and I suspect rubbed a hole in it.

Reading other threads, it sounds like I should be able to patch the muffler but I am concerned that it will happen again with it's current position.

What keeps the muffler in it's place? I tried moving it out of the way to get to the top bolt on the impeller cover but it did not want to seem to move more than a hair. Do I need to look at replacing the the hoses either from the manifolds to the muffler or from the muffler to the hull? or both?

Thanks in advance for any help...still learning so much about all the fun stuff that can happen with a boat! :innocent:

2004 Sunscape LSV

Monsoon 340 Engine

:werule:

Would help if you could post some pics.

I had a leak in mine that resulted from one of the baffles on the inside breaking lose. Ended up replace the entire muffler.

I will try to get some pics this weekend. It is leaking right above the pump so pretty tight in there.

Did you remove the muffler in order to figure oy the baffel broke loose?