Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower help for 94 Echelon LX

FAMILYRIG

Hello,

I want to start with saying that this forum is amazing. I have taken so much valuable information from wet sanding to engine work off of this site. My next project will be adding a wake board tower. (Yes, I am aware of how wrong this is to a ski boat...) My wife & son are excited to try wake boarding so I need to try and please them. Happy wife, happy life...

I need help deciphering the world of towers, because I am completely confused.... I am looking at the Aerial Assault tower & the New Star tower. I really like the Aerial Assault, comes with racks & I believe looks great. I believe the Titan 3 is not being made anymore?? I also require the tower to fold down for 7ft garage. Any reviews or other towers I should be considering. A bimini top is key for the tower. Not sure about speakers, will look into that in the future. Budget is key for this winter addition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

David

I have a Titan 3 and I made it fit my Echelon LX and love it. If I would have not gone with the T3 I would have gotten a tower from Star. I have heard good things about them and they were very helpful in giving me pointers and advice about my tower. I have no first hand experience with Aerial but have read mixed reviews on the net.

I wouldn't buy anything but a Star One Wake Tower. That being said, I have never owned a tower, and I think if you are just getting into wakeboarding maybe an extended pylon would be a good option. That is what I run. You could run that for a year and if you are still into wakeboarding upgrade to a full tower.

I was thinking about the extended pylon, looking at all options for next year. Is the Titan 3 available?? I was under the impression they were sold to Malibu & no longer producing. Also will it fold for 7ft garage?

Thanks again.

Here's a Response LXi with an Extreme (XTP) tower on it. It should fit the Echelons very similarly. I think it's the best looking tower out there. Not sure about price. I think you have to contact Monster tower to get one made or get a quote.

post-8942-0-37797200-1346072024_thumb.jp

The Titan III is no longer available. I found a used one, shipped it half way across the county and then took my cut off wheel and hacked it in two. I sectioned 14" of out of the center of the tubes and then worked with a friend to weld the tubes back together. I ran a extended pylon for years and was happy with it. I went with the tower though because I wanted a place to hang my SkySki and get it out of the boat.

Hello,

I want to start with saying that this forum is amazing. I have taken so much valuable information from wet sanding to engine work off of this site. My next project will be adding a wake board tower. (Yes, I am aware of how wrong this is to a ski boat...) My wife & son are excited to try wake boarding so I need to try and please them. Happy wife, happy life...

I need help deciphering the world of towers, because I am completely confused.... I am looking at the Aerial Assault tower & the New Star tower. I really like the Aerial Assault, comes with racks & I believe looks great. I believe the Titan 3 is not being made anymore?? I also require the tower to fold down for 7ft garage. Any reviews or other towers I should be considering. A bimini top is key for the tower. Not sure about speakers, will look into that in the future. Budget is key for this winter addition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

David

David

Where are you located?

I run a Fly High...an inexpensive way to TRY OUT WAKE BOARDING and you can sell it easily if you decide the tower route...or maybe you REALLY love wake boarding and then you trade your boat in for a V-drive..and you haven't ruined your echelon with money you are not going to get back out of by adding the tower...

post-15441-0-57472200-1346112371_thumb.j

Edited by JB-FOOT

If you are a shortline skier, make sure the pylon you choose does not limit the ability to run a short line. I agree with the above on using a pylon instead of a tower, that is what I use for footing and it works great, I happen to have an Airboom. Easy to install and set up, does not hinder slalom or docking / parking in height restricted areas.

good point...the BFI Fly High (SS version) has the lower additional ski tow mounted just above the original tow attachment height....(about 2 inches)

FlyHigh_0.jpg

You can leave the lower part attached without the top as well (when putting in a low head garage or on a low head lift...) and you don't want to remove all of the high pylon....

Edited by JB-FOOT

Hey Family Rig

Check out my boat on my profile, it's an Echelon LX with the Aerial Assault. I like it but.... I would choose a tower where the back legs are so far back, they are not in the way but they do take some of the back of the boat off you. I also think that from photos of other towers the Aerial Assault is a fairly low tower. I need all the help I can get when I board and an extra 1/2 a foot would be welcome. Other than that it does look cool, comes with racks and I also have the bimini from Aerial that attaches to the tower - It is a nice a large bimini. We use it a lot.

Thank you again for proving what a great site & what awesome members are on here. I appreciate the pylon idea, but with planning on owning the boat for 3-5 years before purchasing a new V-drive I believe a tower purchase will be justified. I bought the boat for next to nothing from a co-worker, so any money I invest is still safe. With having 3 kids, ages 7, 5, 2 I believe the wake board tower will go to use over the next few years. I really like seeing the Aerial Assault on your echelon Adel. Once again thanks for all your help. About to pull the trigger....

FamilyRig, good luck with the tower purchase, if you want to know anything else about it let me know.

Levi, thanks for the boat compliments. This is my 3rd boat in 6 years and my favorite so far.

Regards

Ade