Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine troubles - help appreciated

All,

I just had my service engine light come on today. We've got 83 hours on the engine, which is the 2012 6.2L. All the gauges seem to be fine, oil, electrical and temp are all right where they always are.

The active engine fault code we got from malivue is:

SPN:65551 FM1:1

Data Valid but below normal range

we have no inactive faults.

On inspection, I found 1 hose that has warn through due to rubbing from the pulley and belts. The hose goes between the manifolds, the engine block and a hole in the transom just below the swim platform. I patched it so it wouldn't leak, but I'm sure it won't hold any pressure.

I'll get some photos up tomorrow just wanted the crew to start thinking about the problem since I need to get parts ordered and sent before Thursday so I can enjoy the holiday weekend.

Any thoughts?

The error code is for a knock sensor. Just check to make sure they are connected well.

The head vent line that rubbed through - make sure that is clean and no debris happened to fall inside that may restrict it. There is no pressure, but it must be clean and free to allow air/water to flow out.

Peter